Monday, September 30, 2013

9/30/13


Five of Swords/Queen of Cups.  The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation.  Jamming that square peg into that round hole never works, it just does not work.  Looks like I might either be tempted to believe it can work after all, or I might be dealing with someone else who is convinced that it will work.  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  She tells me that no matter how I feel inside, the best way to handle things is through compassion and acceptance, all while striving to stick to the rules without ruffling feathers.

My Thoth card is the Two of Swords reversed.  “Peace” is Uncle Al’s keyword for the upright card.  The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position this card represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  The serenity of this card happens because we are vigilant and on guard, and because we choose to not receive or acknowledge as valid the information that comes to us from the outside.  I am being told, however, that shutting out the world might just end up being the same thing as sticking my head in the sand.  No avoiding issues today!

My Legacy card is The Empress reversed, flavored by the Eight of Cups reversed.  The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses.  She is my significator, so her presence either upright or reversed is a huge “pay attention!” to me.  My Empress is reversed, and she is warning me to be careful about feeling just a bit too sure of myself.  I can’t let my guard down or allow my awareness to go on vacation. Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  Like my Empress, my Eight of Cups card is reversed; together they could be showing me a kind of cause/effect scenario.  When we refuse to be realistic about our feelings and emotions (especially about those from which we should be walking away), we block our ability to effectively deal with them.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “New career opportunities appear on the scene to reawaken your ambition. You might come across some unusual possibilities for advancement that you've never considered before. This can be a bit intimidating but also exciting. You're unlikely to pass up any chances until you consider them. Success and good fortune are indicated.

And: “You may be especially sensitive to the moods of others, and today they could be a bit testy. It could be hard to get much accomplished with all the yelling and screaming that's going on. This is definitely not an environment conducive to deep thinking. Do your best to stay completely out of the fray and focus on what you need to do. The yelling is likely to subside by the end of the day.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Wands.  Vigilence; there is that concept again.  This card is reminding me that maintaining awareness is a continuous process, and in order to be effective at this, I need to think out of the box, and I need to keep plugged into my core well of personal power.

I shuffled my Wild Unknown Tarot again, and the result is interesting: The Eight of Wands, the card immediately following the last Wild Unknown Tarot card I threw.  The Wild Unknown Tarot Eight of Wands is not your traditional Eight of Wands. Yes, there are no people in this card, as is traditional, and yes, it shows 8 Wands.  But that is where the similarities end.  The Wands are all laid out point-in and spread out so they make a circle.  The background is dark, and coming from above is a lightning bolt, colored from red at the top, through orange, yellow, green and finishing with blue where the bolt is just hitting the center of the circle of wands.  Bam!  We know what will happen next: those wands are going to shoot out in all directions.  The message here is obvious, even with this non-traditional image: some outside influence, most likely a natural one, is going to set things in motion in a sudden and possibly shocking way. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment