Monday, September 9, 2013

9/9/13


The Magician reversed/Four of Cups.  The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician in an upright position works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  However my card is reversed, and perhaps today is not a day for me to take the lead regarding any creative endeavors. Stick to the plan!  No improvising!  The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) tells us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses.  I need to remember that emotions might cloud the issues today, and they might distract me.  Deadened senses won’t be useful.  

My Thoth card is the Ace of Swords.  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) in an upright position tells of the birth of ideas and concepts.  If this card was upright, it would be telling me that I am ready to make use of logic and analysis in order to assert my Will.  To Crowley, the Sword on this card belongs to The Magician, and it is the True Will symbolized by this Sword that pierces the crown of Kether.  Powerful symbolism, powerful potential!  But potential only, not yet manifested, and I need to keep in mind that my Magician above is reversed.

My Legacy card is the Six of Swords, flavored by the Three of Coins reversed.  Another good Swords card.  The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) in an upright position is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  The Three of Coins (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) in an upright position tells of competence, planning and teamwork.  The card is reversed, and it is flavoring the Six of Swords, and it is telling me that the work I need to do in order to move forward needs to be more of a solitary nature, although it should also strive to bring me back to a normal routine and a focus forward rather than reviewing regrets or joys of the past.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “Upsetting news about money may come your way today, Sagittarius. This could involve your personal finances or economic factors in general that indirectly affect your finances. Don't panic. All may not be as it seems! Check the facts before acting. The situation could be real, but it's more likely the product of overblown journalism. Don't believe everything you read.

And: “It's a great day to explore your creativity. This is probably not a new thing for you. Sagittarians are often artistic. Staying focused on one thing can be another story though. Today's energy can give you the extra concentration to go along with getting a creative project completed. With this, make the most of this by either finishing something from before or tackling a new one. Have fun by expressing yourself and in creating.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Moon.  Interesting.  Fears, anxiety and distortions are all a part of this card, but so too are dreams and fantasies.  We must remember that they are not real, not the fantasies and not the fear, but there are benefits to be had in any case.  Going beyond the known and understood and predictable can be a magickal experience. 

Today, I taught a Yoga Basics Class at the studio where I am training, with my teacher sitting in the back of the room taking notes.  **gulp**  There really is nothing like a challenge.  The class was full, many of my fellow YTT Trainees were there to support me, and I survived.  For a first class in the studio, I am pleased with the results, but there is room for improvement.  I’ve received some great feedback, valuable suggestions.  And I survived!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment