Wednesday, September 25, 2013

9/25/13


Seven of Swords reversed/Knight of Cups.  The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) in an upright position tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  My card is reversed, so hopefully I won’t be wasting time and effort (and integrity!) on projects that would be better left alone The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  Today, feelings and dreams and imagination will all strive to have a say in how things manifest.  Because my Knight is upright, I am going to assume the intensity of those things will be good.

My Thoth card is the Knight of Disks.  In the Thoth Tarot, the rank of Knight equals the rank of King in other decks.  The Knight/King of Disks (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical world manifestation of all kinds.  He is good at managing physical world resources, but he focuses a lot on the business end of things.  Today it might be easy to lose touch with nature as tasks are taken care of.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords reversed, flavored by The Empress reversed.  The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  My Knight is reversed, which means that ideas might tumble over each other, without the ability to be productive.  A lack of tolerance for others could cause some discomfort, and so could a lack of mental focus.  My reversed Knight of Swords is being flavored by another reversed card, The Empress.  The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine.  The Empress is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses.  She is my significator, so her presence either upright or reversed is a huge “pay attention!” to me.  My Empress is reversed, and again I am being warned that I may have trouble concentrating or focusing today.  She also represents fertility and the pleasure of the senses, and that reversed Knight coupled with an imbalance within The Empress could bring stagnation or lethargy. 

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Making use of state-of-the-art technology to increase your income could take up your time and energy today, Sagittarius. You might be starting a new business or enhancing the efficiency of a current one, but in order to do it your brain will have to process a lot of information. Don't be intimidated by the technical stuff. Just take it step by step and you'll catch on.

And: “Your intuition and imagination are operating at a very high level today, and you may be inspired to write. However, you aren't likely to have enough ideas or information to actually put pen to paper. There is no rush, though. Take some time to allow the ideas to crystallize and set them down later. Someone in a bad mood may try to draw you into a quarrel. Don't fall into this trap! Brush it off and say you're busy!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Eight of Cups.   A perfect solution to the muddy clouds of my cards today.  The Shadowscapes Eight of Cups urges us to turn away from the confusion and hustle and bustle of the outside world, and to turn instead toward the calm and quiet of the inner self.  Perhaps just a bit of time focusing within could allow me to make sense of the inability to focus presented by my cards today. 

Well, my computer is repaired, my iPod speakers are repaired, and I went to a lovely (and tough) Yoga class.  Now all I need is a good night’s sleep!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment