Saturday, September 28, 2013

9/28/13


Three of Wands/Four of Swords. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities at hand.  Looks like I will e able to perceive some good opportunities, and take advantage of them. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation. Serenity and security are presented here, and even if they are temporary, perhaps I can take advantage of them.  Might be a good time to have a real good look around, while things are quiet.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Swords reversed. The Princess/Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) tells us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings. This Princess is cautious, sometimes to the point of being overly defensive, but since she is reversed, I won’t allow caution to tie me down.

My Legacy card is the Four of Swords reversed, flavored by the Six of Wands reversed.  Bookends!! The Legacy reversed Four of Swords tells of the readiness to resume whatever was being done before the pause represented by the upright card.  This means any rest period has been productive, and I will probably be less stressed and more alert because of it.  The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) in an upright position expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge.  My card is reversed, and it is flavoring the reversed Four of Swords.  Looks like it was good that I rested while I could, because the time of rest could be coming to an end.  That’s okay, it just means that I am one step close to attaining the time of celebration represented by the upright Six of Wands.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of movement that upsets stability but prevents stagnation.

My horoscopes: “Your strong yet steady pace may get a lift today, Sagittarius. It might seem like there's a fire under your feet, and you probably need to keep moving in order to keep yourself from getting burned. Use your independent streak to get things done the way you want them. This could be a powerhouse day for you!

And: “Join together with others today, and you will find that you will make tremendous progress on whatever tasks you undertake. Remember that many hands make light work. There is a distinct advantage in sharing you burden with the people around you. Don't pretend to be able to tackle everything by yourself. There is no reason to strain yourself when there are plenty of willing hands around you who are eager to help you.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Three of Wands.  This is such a great card!  It tells me that I am standing on a precipice; before me stretches the great unknown, alluring and filled with promise.  At first glance, the great unknown appears to be unattainable.  The lesson here is that the next step will not appear until I BELIEVE it is there!  The power of belief!

More about our Bookends card, the Four of Swords.  This card presents stillness or stalemate, or a temporary balance of power, or a conscious choice to rest before resuming our efforts.  It does present a kind of limbo, eh?  The Legacy of the Divine card talks of rebirth after a time of quiet, and it also presents the concept of trance.  I like this interpretation!  The Llewellyn Welsh card tells of asylum, and it also presents the concept of vigil.  Holding a vigil is a silent and solitary endeavor, but even though there is not a lot of activity, there is power present. The Wild Unknown Tarot tells of physical stillness, but this one also hints at the mental power to be had from stillness. The Thoth Tarot presents a temporary balance of power, as well as the idea of following rules or being conventional.  The Shadowscapes Tarot tells of taking a respite in order to seek the quiet core that is the home of inner strength.  This is not a wimpy card, even though the traditional image shows someone resting! 

Today was the Mind/Body/Spirit Fair at Off the Beaten Path, the shop where I teach belly dance and Reiki.  We had a beautiful Fall day, blue skies and nice temperatures.  I also gave a short demo on Chair Yoga, and one of the women there, who has MS, is interested in classes.  Yay!

I am expecting October to be a wild and crazy month.  I am entering my second Saturn Return, my 59th solar return is approaching, and at the end of October, I will complete (hopefully successfully) 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training.  I am also making my plans to visit my Covenstead for Third Degree Initiation, which will happen some time around Imbolc.  These next four weeks until Samhain I am going to make every effort to get my life organized, I am going to perform a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual Fall cleaning.  Normally when I sense the approach of some life-changing Aha! Moment, I sit back and wait.  Not this time, this time I am actively seeking that moment!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment