Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9/24/13


Four of Wands reversed/Eight of Cups.  The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic), is about building enough to become established, about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined.  This is often considered a fortunate card because it tells of an effectively planned and manifested foundation already in place. But, my Four is reversed today.  Perhaps I am being told that it is not yet the time to relax and let my guard down.  The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  This ends up being the only realistic choice when all else appears doomed to failure.  And today, I think I am being told not only to be on my guard, but also to consciously choose to walk away from the things that no longer serve me.  Hmmm . . . time for some deep thought.

My Thoth card is the Ace of Swords reversed.  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts.  The Ace of Swords me that I am ready to make use of logic and analysis in order to assert my Will.  But the skills offered by this card are potential only, not yet manifested, and I can’t just assume that they will be there when I need them.  Potential is great, but manifestation is better; since my card is reversed, I’m not yet connecting to what I need in order to make that manifestation happen.

My Legacy card is the Nine of Cups, flavored by the Five of Coins reversed.  The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  This is a lucky card, and it is interesting that it appears on a day when I don’t feel lucky.  I will take any luck that presents itself, and I will visualize good things and happy endings. 

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the completion of a cycle, which reduces further to the number 1, potential and position.  My Nine of Cups is being flavored by the reversed Five of Coins.  The Five of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) in an upright position tells of some loss or need within the physical world, but today my Five of Coins is reversed.  Perhaps this is why the Nine of Cups has appeared?  In any event, hopefully this card means that my issues won’t be too much of a financial burden.  Okay, then.

My horoscopes: “You might be thrown off balance by the flightiness of today, Sagittarius. Perhaps it's difficult to make a decision about anything. Try not to get too caught up in the gossip swarming around you. People may talk quite a bit today, but what you should be concerned with is substance. You want results and action, not empty information and promises.”

And: “Restlessness and boredom with your daily routine could draw you out of your usual sphere of influence today, and into group activities of some kind. Perhaps you've decided to take a class, or perhaps you simply need some congenial company. You could also decide to stroll through an art gallery, or attend a concert. A sports event would also be a lot of fun! Whatever you decide, this is not the evening to stay in. Get out and enjoy yourself!”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Pentacles.  Potential in the physical world; that is what this Page offers me, with a gentle smile on her face.  She tells me to expect good things, and then work toward them.  She tells me to think out of the box, and to approach any task with the enthusiasm of a child.  I can do that!

Lots of confusion and upheaval of late.  I’ve had car issues, and I still am not sure if things are fixed yet, but I should know as I drive the car this week.  Now, my laptop is giving me problems.  I think it is just a battery issue, and I have an appointment with the Apple Store tomorrow morning.  Crossing my fingers!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment