Monday, September 16, 2013

9/16/13


Eight of Cups reversed/Three of Wands reversed. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on. My Eight of Cups is reversed, and re-evaluation may not be my strength today. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) in an upright position is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities at hand.  This one is also reversed, and they both have the concept of action in common, so today may be a good day for treading water.

My Thoth card is the Nine of Pentacles.  “Gain” is Uncle Al’s keyword for this one. The Nine of Disks (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position tells of accomplishment through the imposition of discipline.  Perhaps this card is not as active as the other two above, but it still implies the imposition of discipline onto a situation, and perhaps that is enough action for the day. 

My Legacy card is the Six of Swords, flavored by Justice reversed. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) in an upright position is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  This also allows us to extricate ourselves from unhealthy situations.  Yes, I am beginning to see a pattern here.  My Six of Swords is being flavored by Justice reversed. Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed).  My card is reversed, and it hints at a danger of misjudging, or of allowing prejudice to cloud judgment.  I may be a bit sensitive today, but overall the energies are flowing toward recovery. 

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Try not to be harsh and judgmental today, Sagittarius. You don't understand others' perspectives and the codes they live by. Differences are no reason to find fault with people. You have a powerful personality that's perceptive and creative. Use these gifts in a positive, healthy manner instead of using them to get down on others and their behavior

And: “You have been caught up in a social whirlwind lately, and today you are happy to stay home by yourself and unwind. You might want to get out pen and paper and record some of the incidents of the past few days. It could be that you've gained new insight or understanding into a particular problem. Some quiet time spent analyzing the situation could yield some interesting solutions.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Knight of Pentacles.  The Knight of Pentacles takes the focus of the Nine and turns it into a crusade.  His vision is narrow, but that means he is not easily distracted from his task.  Is that the way to go today?  Knowing exactly what we want and striving with determination to attain it is not a bad thing, but taken to extremes, it could cause me to miss something important.  Balance!!

Ugh, what a day.  I actually was ready to leave a bit early this morning, and then went out to start my car.  LOL, that is where the trouble began.  I ended up driving home at about 50 mph, all 160 miles of the trip, because of a car issue.  Now I cross my fingers and hope it isn’t anything too huge.  I am tired; four hours plus of waiting for the car to die does that to ya.  But my car held up, thankfully, and fer sher it could have been much worse.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment