Friday, September 20, 2013

8/20/13


King of Wands/Two of Cups.  Niiice!! The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He knows how to tame enthusiasm, like a wild stallion, so that not only can he get the best results, but also so he can show others how to succeed as well. The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities.  These things will all seem to go my way today, and the emotions will help my King of Wands to tame that wild stallion!

My Thoth card is the Four of Cups.  “Luxury” is the keyword for this one. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) tells us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses.  Crowley sees this one as presenting a danger: purity becoming lost in the distracting clouds of satisfaction.  This is a danger today, and I need to enjoy, but also keep a small part of myself on the task at hand.

My Legacy card is the Eight of Swords reversed, flavored by the Queen of Swords. The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) in an upright position tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.  My Eight of Swords is reversed, and interestingly enough is being flavored by another Swords card, the Queen of Swords.  The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card, which is about responsibility and the relationship between “cause” and “effect.”  This Queen knows of joy and she knows of sorrow, and she is well able to balance good and evil in her life, and choose the response that is appropriate to the occasion.  Perhaps she is just what I need to escape from the trap of the Eight of Swords, for she reminds me that thoughts stay in the mind, and the only way they can affect our outside world is if we allow them to do so.  My Queen’s confidence and ability to effectively judge a situation should help to end the stalemate of the Eight of Swords, which in a reversed position is already starting to tumble.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of motion which dispels stagnation.

My horoscopes: “You're energetic and enthusiastic today, Sagittarius, and those around you respond favorably. It seems everyone wants to be in your orbit. Work at home and the office goes quickly and smoothly. Because you have so much energy, why not take on a new project? Normally this would send you over the edge, but today you feel you could take on anything. Go for it.

And: “If you feel like staying in bed today with the blanket pulled up tight, why not do so. No one will begrudge you a little time to yourself. You may need some time to lick your wounds if you've recently had a fight with someone close to you. You may see this argument as a step backward into your old habits, but do not be so hard on yourself. Forgive yourself, and perhaps the other person as well, and move on.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Queen of Pentacles.  Another Queen.  This one is always there, ready, willing and able to support others, to heal others, to feed others, and to bring them ease.  She knows that if she offers love, unconditional love, to those around her, that is what she will attract to herself.

Yesterday, I led both of the Sacred Mists Esbats; I love leading Esbats!  Because I direct the program that presents them, I don’t get to lead them very often.  My purpose as Esbat Program Director is to encourage others to experience leading a ritual, not to hog them all myself.  But occasionally, someone signs up for an Esbat and then can’t do it, and if the ritual has not been written yet, I get to write it, and lead it. 

What a lovely mindset to have on this day, the Sabbat of Mabon, the Second Harvest.  I will end up missing both Sabbats today, but I will have my time on the Parkway, to meditate and connect to the energies of this day.

I am blessed, rich with gifts that cannot be bought with any coin.

Mabon Blessings!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment