Wednesday, October 2, 2013

10/2/13


The Moon reversed/Five of Swords. The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  My Moon is reversed, and it could be presenting irrational fears and the belief of illusions and untruths, but it could also be telling me that those things will not affect me today.  I think I will consciously choose the second interpretation, and strive for assurance and clarity. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation.  This is a danger as well today, and among my conscious choices, I am going to also choose connections and synergy instead of imposing my own beliefs onto others.

My Thoth card is the Six of Cups reversed.  Crowley’s keyword for this one is “Pleasure.”  The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) in an upright position is a card of innocence, emotional balance and harmony, of simple joy that begets even more simple joy by infecting all that is around us at this moment.  My card is reversed, and I am being told that at least for today, I will not be good at infecting those around me with emotional harmony and simple joy.  Perhaps this is connected to my current dissolution regarding our government. 

My Legacy card is The Devil reversed, flavored by the High Priestess. The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things. The intoxicating negativity that can sometimes be indicated by an upright Devil is not going to be an issue today.  This validates the other cards above.  My reversed Devil is being flavored by The High Priestess. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  This card is telling of more than just an intense connection to my intuition; my High Priestess is also telling me that there is plenty of information and advice available to me.  I have only to look within in order to access them, and with the right frame of mind, even my Shadow Self will offer effective ideas for consideration.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “Have you been thinking about changing jobs or taking up a new profession? If you have, now's the time to lay the groundwork. If you haven't considered it, a new opportunity may take you by surprise. You may go from a behind-the-scenes career like banking to a very public profession like acting. Don't hesitate because of insecurity. If you like what's happening, go for it.

And: “Try not to be upset by small incidents that really have no major effect in the long run. People might be nit picky, and could perhaps come down a bit hard on your adventuresome nature. Much of your strength lies in your ability to see the good in all, and to inspire people to their full potential. Try not to get depressed by other people's inability to do the same.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding Strength.  This is not physical strength, but rather the Strength that enables us to be who we are with confidence and control and composure.  When we believe, when we connect to our Will, we can accomplish just about anything.  And still have a gentle smile on our face.

This is day two of the government shutdown.  I am really not in a good mood, and I am really worried about what the outcome of this pissing match between the two parties of our government will be.  I stumbled around this morning in a funk, waiting for the coffee to brew enough so I could pour a half cup, and then turned on my computer.  And there it was, the exact post I needed.

Yesterday I lived bewildered, in illusion. But now I am awake, flawless and serene . . . beyond the world. From my light the body and the world arise. So all things are mine, or nothing is.” ~ The Ashtavakra Gita

Isn’t that lovely??  It worked for me; I have been reminded that outside events can only drag me down if I allow them to drag me down.  I don’t plan on letting anything or anyone drag me down. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment