Wednesday, October 9, 2013

10/9/13


Strength/Eight of Wands reversed.  The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus.  This is the kind of strength that allows me to recognize the things I can affect, and it allows me to release the things I can’t affect.  And it is the kind of strength that allows me to be confident in what I decide to own, and what I decide to release.  The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card in an upright position are fast and strong, and usually sourced from somewhere other than within me, but my Eight of Wands is reversed.  Hmmm . . . is this validating the message of Strength?

My Thoth card is The Universe.  Niiice.   The Universe, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  This card tells of a winding up or successful end of a cycle, but that cycle also contains the seed that will germinate into the next round of learning or experiences.  This is the final message of the Majors, but it leads us directly back to the beginning.    

My Legacy card is the Two of Coins reversed, flavored by The Chariot reversed.  The Two of Coins (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) in an upright position reminds us that everything always ebbs and flows, and we need to do the same in order to remain dynamically balanced. My card is reversed, however, and I am being told that today, my forte will not be juggling many issues or events. Perhaps I will need to smile outwardly today, even if I am secretly gritting my teeth.  Inner strength is sometimes necessary to accomplish this, and other cards today hint that I will have inner strength. The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions. My Chariot is reversed, and I really get the impression that activating plans for the future might not be a good idea today.  Instead, I should look within, and acknowledge what is already in place.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of movement that disrupts or stirs up stability in order to prevent stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “This could be a lucky day as far as money matters are concerned. Perhaps a sum you were expecting and gave up on will arrive unexpectedly, or a chance to earn some extra income could come up. There might be paperwork involved, and the circumstances may be unusual, but don't be intimidated. Think of this as the day you grabbed the gold ring!

And: “Have you been feeling a little under the weather lately? If so, expect your former energy and well-being to come rushing back now like Niagara Falls. Your physical energy is high, and so is your creative energy. Don't be surprised if you spend every moment possible working on a project of your own that means a lot to you. The only caveat: you might not have recovered as much as you think, and might tire easily. Pace yourself.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Pentacles.   Looove this card!  No matter what upheavals present themselves to us, if we balance the physical world with the spiritual world (accomplished through the application of discipline and patience).  The enjoyment of this accomplishment is often a solitary one, but I’m okay with that.

Another Wild Unknown Tarot card: The Daughter of Cups.  This image is similar to the image on The Fool, a sweet and innocent baby swan, all fuzzy and cute, sitting in very calm water.  Unlike The Fool, this baby bird does not appear to be contemplating anything that would be even remotely foolish.  Instead, she is floating calmly, gently and passively experiencing her day.  She is very emotional, this Daughter of Cups, but she is not experienced in dealing with her emotions, the way the Queen of Cups is experienced.  However, this means that she is open and optimistic, and she can find joy in simple things, like the beautiful rainbow shadow she casts on the still waters.

Last night, I taught a Chair Yoga Class to a woman with multiple sclerosis.  She is very interested in working with me, either with a few of her friends, or as a private student.  I am so excited about this, because I think I will be able to help her add quality to her life!  How cool is that??!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment