Monday, October 14, 2013

10/14/13


Six of Swords/Justice. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective). This card is about healing by achieving a better understanding of a situation, so that we can better cope with problems or challenges.  Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed).  Many Justice cards include a sword, so this card is in my opinion directly connected to my Six of Swords.  Justice tells of balance that is achieved through actions and results, consequences are always an issue to be aware of.  Both of these cards are telling me that consequences can be the tea leaves that we use as a divinatory tool.  By understanding results, we can understand why things happen.

My Thoth cards are the Ace of Swords and the Seven of Cups reversed. Another Swords card.  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts.  The Ace of Swords me that I am ready to make use of logic and analysis in order to assert my Will.  The Ace of Swords tells of the beginning of the self-identification in the mind, and it tells of the potential for ideas and the workings of the Will to manifest, and that is a good thing.  However, this is potential only, and thus easily affected by other things. “Debauch” is the keyword for the upright card, and I had this one, reversed, a few days ago as well. The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) in an upright position represents the distraction, sensory overload and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with too many enticing choices.  To Uncle Al, this card in an upright position tells of delusion and addiction; thankfully it is reversed.  Paired with that Ace of Swords, I am being told that I am in a good position today to take advantage of the intellectual potential that may be available to me today.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Coins reversed, flavored by The Fool reversed. Aces present potential only, and the Ace of Coins (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world.  Accessing the potential requires grounding and an ability to be realistic, and perhaps they won’t come easily for me today. The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and the neutral powers of creativity.  My Fool is reversed, however, and flavors my reversed Ace of Coins.  We have some opposites here: the reversed Ace of Coins tells me that being predictable might not be good, and the reversed Fool tells me that being unpredictable might not be good.  Perhaps I am being told that today I need to be the grownup, and make my choices based on maturity and past experience, and not by a requirement to be predictable, or not predictable.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the end of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of position and potential.

My horoscopes: “Responsibilities may be weighing on your mind today. Perhaps you've promised someone help but don't have the time and energy to come through right now. Don't be afraid to tell the person. Between the two of you, you can work something out that creates a win/win situation so your friend gets the needed help and you don't tire yourself out. A little ingenuity is all it takes!

And: “If only there were more hours in a day you would have a chance of doing everything you wanted to. Alas, you are allotted a mere 24, and have to do the best you can with that limited amount. Today you may feel real time pressure, as demands come at you from all sides. The office, home, your religious group and volunteer organization all could be clamoring for a piece of you. If you are not careful, Nanci, there will be nothing left of yourself to give.

Change!  Change is a good thing.  As my friend, Uncle Al Crowley says, change is stability, and stability needs change in order to exist.  So, I am making a minor change to my Tarot throws, just to keep things fresh.  The Shadowscapes Tarot will now be an as-needed clarification card.  I will still be throwing the same number of cards though, and will replace the Shadowscapes card with another Thoth card, so that I am throwing three pairs each day.  I will still be continuing to explore my Wild Unknown Tarot, and once I get through all of those cards I may add a regular cast with that deck, too.  We shall see.

Today is Monday, a day of new beginnings.  The perfect day to make changes.

Happy Monday!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment