Friday, October 18, 2013

10/18/13


Six of Cups/King of Wands. The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) is a card of innocence, emotional balance and harmony, of simple joy that begets even more simple joy by infecting all that is around us at this moment.  This is a card filled with harmony and an awareness of blessings, and it is a nice way to begin a weekend. The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is admired by all, and is able to assert authority without alienating others.  Nice combination. 

My Thoth cards are the Queen of Disks and the Princess of Swords reversed. The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  Crowley sees this Queen as striving to manifest pleasurable surroundings, without going overboard The Princess/Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position tells us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings. This pair may be reminding me that I am good at managing a household, and for today I should do what I feel is the right thing, without wondering whether it is the right thing, and without worrying about what happens if my plan does not work.

My Legacy card is the King of Swords reversed, flavored by The Magician.  Another reversed Swords Court Card!  The King of Swords (cusp of Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, cunning, authoritative, and Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, aloof) is a good judge of people and situations.  He uses his intellect to analyze, so he may not be compassionate but he is trustworthy.  My King is reversed, and perhaps I am being told to lighten up a bit, and focus less on perfection. The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  This card is personally significant to me, and perhaps his presence here with the reversed King of Swords is reminding me that I need to remember that the power I have is not mine.  LOL, yep, that makes perfect sense to me.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of movement that dispels stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “You may be feeling nostalgic for old friends and faraway family. Even if you haven't spoken to them in a while, pick up the phone and call them up. All signs indicate that anyone you talk to today will be very glad to hear from you. You'll be surprised by how much you have in common. The conversation picks up right where you left off last time.

And: “This would be an ideal day to get away from the fast pace to which you are accustomed and spend time alone. Even if you can't spend the whole day in solitude, you can at least carve out a few hours for yourself. You are not in a social mood, so should avoid group situations of any sort. If you give yourself this gift of the day off, you will end the day feeling revived and ready to face tomorrow.

Today is a full moon, with a lunar eclipse!  We have company, and of course we forgot to look at the moon until it was too late.  But we’ve had a lovely dinner, and a great evening.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment