Monday, October 28, 2013

10/28/13

Knight of Swords/Four of Swords. The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation.  This card is often seen as suggesting that the pause be used in preparation for challenges to come, kind of like a vigil.  The Llewellyn Welsh Four of Swords is seen to be similar to a hospital stay; I like that description. 

My Thoth cards are the Prince/Knight of Swords reversed and Art reversed.  Bookends! The Thoth Prince/Knight in an upright position tells of a purely intellectual person. My Knight is reversed, and because both the upright and reversed cards have shown up in my reading today, I may reach some crossroad that will offer the potential to be able to control those ideas tumbling over each other.  Maybe the tumbling itself will end up being productive.  Crowley calls the Temperance card “Art”; it corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and presents one version of the concept of balance: balance achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes.  The Thoth Art card in an upright position tells of achievements through accurate calculations, but since the card is reversed, I might be better off just allowing things to be what they want to be, and maybe unfocusing my gaze so I can see hidden patterns.  How very un-Prince/Knight-like!

My Legacy card is The Sun reversed, flavored by the Queen of Coins.  The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and upright it tells of a time of enlightenment and peace that comes after the completion of some ordeal.  Even reversed, The Sun is not a bad card, however I do need to keep in mind that the pause and enjoyment presented by The Sun is temporary in nature.  Yes it is a Major Arcana card, so the consequences could be long-term, but the nice pause is short, particularly when the card is reversed.  The Queen of Coins (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  She has a “greatness of soul” and can easily manifest this greatness around her.  My Queen is bringing a bit of beauty and encouragement to my reversed Sun today; I like this pairing. 

More about the Knight/Prince of Swords, my Bookends card.  This card often tells of strong beliefs, maybe even strong political beliefs.  Oh boy, do we have a few of these personalities in politics today!  Each believes he/she is rescuing the world, but the methods being used may be a bit extreme, even devious, with an end result of being separated from reality.  There are good things about being able to focus like this, because it is one way to get things done, but such tunnel vision causes us to miss out on other offerings, such as the value of compassion and mercy, or the way a bit of grounding can help to organize those ideas bouncing all around.  Reversed, this card can certainly indicate imprudence, but it also could indicate an inability to be focused enough to manifest beliefs.  Malicious plotting requires focus as well, and being stubborn requires a strong Will, but on the other hand, we could bring ourselves to the brink and then hesitate at the wrong time because that Will is unreliable and not consistent and still be acting in accordance with the Knight of Swords.  The Legacy of the Divine Knight of Swords is said to be similar to a tornado.  Lots of focused effects, yet the path of a tornado is erratic and not easy to predict. The Knight of Swords is often seen as representing a mercenary (all the Knights fit somewhat into that category), because to this Knight who loves to champion for others, goals take priority over relationships.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. 

My horoscopes: “The special someone in your life might feel a little jealous of your friends now. Perhaps you've had a number of invitations that only involve you and your pals. It might be a good idea to turn down one in favor of being with your partner. Goals and projects may be blocked temporarily, which is frustrating. Let them ride for now.”

And: “Don't take things at face value today. There are unexpected elements brewing below the surface that you might not recognize at first, yet that need to be noticed at some point. There may be a temptation for you to be superficial about certain things that actually call for a deeper understanding. Open your eyes up a bit wider to realize what is truly going on.”

I spent the day working hard for the Hubs, looking out the window at the leaves falling from the trees.  We are surrounded by stately old maples and pin oaks, and the colors this year are breathtaking.  As I watched the leaves float to the ground and then swirl and dance in the breeze, I thought about releasing.  After all, this is the time for releasing, and I’ve been working on and off for the past six months on getting rid of what no longer serves me, both in the physical world and the spiritual realms.

So many changes!  I have gone from being employed outside of the house in a 9 to 5 job as an administrative assistant in an in-house law office to being employed by my husband.  I love getting up in the morning, washing last night’s dishes, making a pot of coffee, and then “commuting” to the office in my pj’s!  I love being able to get things done around the house during the day; of course, this means working sometimes at night, but I’m fine with this trade-off. 

This change in employment has allowed me to bring into my life more of the things that are important to me.  I’ve got an awesome group of helpers within the Leadership Department at Sacred Mists.  They enable me to be in an advisory position, which should free me to study on my own.  I have been looking at the Builders of the Adytum as a possible next step in my Tarot studies.  I am feeling an urge to look deeper into Western Mysticism, and since the Tarot is my chosen symbolism for most of what I am learning, the BOTA might be the right place for me to study. 

Also on my list is getting together some Yoga classes.  I have some sisters-in-law who are interested in a Gentle Yoga class, and I will hopefully be offering some private Chair Yoga to a woman with MS.  Gotta get them organized, and register with Yoga Alliance so I can officially add the letters “RYT” to my name.

Nice list, eh?  But for tonight, I head out to visit the Wayne Contingency of the Pagan Brain Trust!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment