Friday, October 4, 2013

10/4/13


Knight of Wands reversed/Knight of Cups reversed.  Wow, two reversed Knights!  The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  My Knight is reversed, and this means all that enthusiasm and energy just might get me into trouble.  I may find myself all over the place, wasting that energy because it is not being applied in the right situations.  The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  This Knight is reversed as well, and today, my feelings and dreams and imagination may be more on the impractical side, and impracticality may out-trump discipline. 

My Thoth card is the Three of Cups.  “Abundance” is Crowley’s keyword for this card.  The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), which is flavoring my Queen of Cups, is about connections, emotional abundance, and about blessings.  This is seen as the friendship card, and because it is reversed, today will not be about emotional connections to others.  Being alone is not always a bad thing; it is certainly easier to concentrate on what needs to be done!

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords, flavored by the Ace of Cups.  Interesting pair.  The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the perception of the complete manifestation of interference, powerlessness and restriction.  With those reversed Knights, I might be tempted to lay face down on the ground in surrender, but this Swords card is being flavored with a good one, the Ace of Cups.  The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  Maybe while I’m lying there, martyring myself to circumstances, I should take a bit of quiet time to ask myself how I feel.  Not what I think, but how I feel; and maybe if I listen quietly, my Inner Voice just might offer a bit of encouragement. 

My 6-digit date number is 9, the completeness of manifestation or effect.

My horoscopes: “Your strong business head and practical skills couple with imagination and innovation to bring advancement your way. Information received from far away could prove especially valuable now. Relationships with friends and neighbors should be warm, cordial, and cooperative. Love relationships also prove rewarding. This evening blow off a little steam by going out.

And: “Too many people may be making unjust demands on your time today. Be careful, however, not to get too angry. Your anger won't hurt those making the demands - only you! Just learn to say no politely but firmly. You have other things on your mind right now - like a passionate evening alone with your current love interest! Remember: you're not serving anyone by allowing them to take unfair advantage of your good nature.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding Temperance.  This is one of the Tarot cards that talks about balance, the kind of balance you get through experiencing extremes.  By consciously choosing moderation, I just may end up being able to make use of those extremes today!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment