Friday, October 11, 2013

10/11/13



Knight of Wands reversed/Six of Swords.  Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  My Knight is reversed, and today I am being told that passion and enthusiasm and boundless energy might not serve me unless they are taken in small doses, and channeled correctly.  The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  This could be a better focus than the chaos that could be the upright Knight of Wands; better to focus on balance and healing than enthusiasm and boundless energy.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Wands reversed.  The Page of Wands reversed, flavored by The Moon.  More Water! The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position is fun to be around, unless you have a migraine.  Hmmm . . . to me, the image on the Thoth Princess of Wands (which is actually the Page of Wands) looks like the Princess has a tiger by the tail.  Great visual of just what the Page of Wands can be. If my Princess was upright, enthusiasm and originality would be the things to strive for today.  But my Princess is reversed, and she is validating my reversed Knight of Wands above.

My Legacy card is the Three of Wands, flavored by Faith/The Hierophant reversed.  The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities at hand.  Planning involves focus and control, and those are the possibilities that can be just disciplined enough, without losing creativity.  The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony.  My Hierophant, which is reversed, is flavoring my Three of Wands, and he is telling me that while planning is good, I should not allow myself to be so bogged down by tradition that I end up working with dogma.  Yes, predictability has its place, but creativity could be stifled by predictability.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause and assessment that usually occurs when growth slows and the beginning of degeneration approaches.

My horoscopes: “Intimate relationships gather steam as increased involvement in each other's life brings you closer. Relationships grow through enhanced communication and shared dreams, goals, and ideals - not to mention physical passion! You should feel strong and confident today, especially as your material success continues. Travel, a new car, and a few luxury items might be on your agenda.

And: “Your life has been changing for a while, and it hasn't always been easy for you. Today you're apt to be feeling the effects of this transformation more than you usually do, and wondering what on earth is happening to you. Don't let your doubts and insecurities about the future get blown all out of proportion. You can only take things one day at a time. Focus on a cherished goal, and move on ahead.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the King of Swords.  Yes, this is how I feel today.  And the cool thing is that I don’t think I’ve discussed the Shadowscapes version of this card yet.  I usually go back and read my insights of the past before thinking about how the card I’ve thrown applies to me today, and I find no entries for this King yet.  Welcome, O mighty King of Swords, the blend of art and science personified!

Another Wild Unknown Tarot card: Justice.  This card shows a white cat and a black cat sitting down in a mirror pose, tails overlapped, facing forward next to each other and looking back over inner shoulders, in an archetypal image of yin/yang.  These two positive/negative images are laced together and dependent on each other (as reflections are always dependent on what is being reflected).  There is a balance to the image on this card as well, and Justice is one of those cards that presents a version of balance; this version of balance happens by the interaction of cause and effect, actions and results, choices and outcomes. 

Happy Friday!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment