Thursday, October 24, 2013

10/24/13

Temperance/Five of Cups reversed.  Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and this card presents one version of the concept of balance: balance achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes.  I know that I have experienced the energies of this card often, and each time they manifest I learn something new about myself.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) in an upright position tells of an emotional setback or disappointment, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made.  The good thing is that my card is reversed, so any emotional setbacks will not be debilitating.  The message here, offered by these two cards, is that there is value in every life experience, whether pleasant or uncomfortable.  Today, running away is not an option.

My Thoth cards are the Ace of Cups and the Two of Wands. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  Looks like emotions and feelings and an inner connection are valuable to me today, and I am already tapping into this awareness.  Maybe several times during the day, I should take a bit of quiet time to ask myself how I feel.  Not what I think, but how I feel; and maybe if I listen quietly, my Inner Voice just might offer a bit of encouragement. “Dominion” is Uncle Al’s keyword for the Two of Wands. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority.  This card tells of the purest of Will, in the “now” and undiluted by past or possible future events.   I feel this energy already, a confidence in my ability to react to the world around me. 

My Legacy card is The High Priestess, flavored by The Lovers reversed.  Oh this makes sense to me! These last two cards clarify the other four.  The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  This card is telling of more than just an intense connection to my intuition; my High Priestess is also telling me that there is plenty of information and advice available to me.  I do need to remember that the knowledge offered by The High Priestess is spiritual knowledge, which cannot be measured or contained.  No physical-world proof!  The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) tells of duality, union, and personal choices.  This card is about love, but it is also about our personal values and how they affect our choices, and the promises we make to others.  The Lovers present the two halves that when united are greater than the sum of their parts, but today, spirit and the mind might be in opposition to the physical world.  Because my reversed Lovers card is flavoring my High Priestess, there may be issues with the manifestation of what I know and what I feel.  My first card today, Temperance, is offering a valid focus. Oh-kay!

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces to 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Being around others should be especially gratifying for you today. Most people should be friendly, and you'll enjoy their company. The downside is that your psychic faculties are acute, so you might pick up some unsettling feelings from those you talk to. You're likely to find that many smiles hide turmoil inside.

Aaand I did not get my second horoscope. 

My next Wild Unknown card: The Ten of Pentacles.  This card is alive and vibrant with fertile energies! Ten Pentacles arranged in a diamond shape, with circles of the colors of the elements or of a rainbow as a background.  The diamond for me is personally powerful for it is one view of the octahedron, the shape of the physical world and the concept of “as above, so below.”  The circular colors go from indigo on the outside to blue, green, yellow, orange and red, moving through the chakras from the spiritual realm to the physical world.  What powerful symbolism!  Can we bring our bounties into the physical world and maintain our connection to gratitude and generosity and love?  That is the goal of this card, and indeed the whole suit of Pentacles.  Those blessings cannot become stagnant; instead we must maintain them in the position between the physical world of manifestation and the astral realms.  We do this by assuming the role of catalyst in order to activate the fertility to be found within those blessings.

Today, I received the most amazing gift from my sister and mentor, Lilyth.  I am preparing to visit my High Priestess in order to be initiated as a Sacred Mists Third Degree Priestess, and Lilyth knows this.  In fact, I will be staying with her when I go to be initiated. 

Lilyth was given three naturally shed deer antlers, and she was drawn to create a lovely wand for me!  It came in the mail yesterday, and I waited until this morning, after Hubby went out, to sit by my altar and open the box.  Oh. My. God.  Powerful!!  A clear quartz point, a sunstone, and a scarab!! All held into place by green leaves and vines accented with orange.  And there are even a few strands of hair from the deer!  What an amazing magickal tool; I had trouble putting it down to write this blog post. 

Just holding this wand has cleansed me, has sent in a fresh breeze to clear the cobwebs.  My connection to Nature and the physical world has been intensified, and I am seeing the blue sky, hearing the calls of a flock of Canadian geese as they pass overhead, with new intensity, similar to after my Reiki attunements.  And I haven’t even consecrated it to me yet!

My heart is filled with gratitude.  I am privileged, greatly privileged, to be accompanied by such awesome Travelers!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment