Tuesday, October 15, 2013

10/15/13


Four of Cups/Six of Pentacles.  The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) tells us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses. The inner focus of this card can be good in small doses, but there is danger here of stagnation.  The Six of Pentacles (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position.  I read the upright Six of Pentacles as telling me that resources will be available to me, and that I will be able to share those resources with others and experience fulfillment from that sharing.

My Thoth cards are the Six of Cups and the Queen of Disks reversed.  “Pleasure” is Uncle Al’s keyword for the Six of Cups.  The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) is a card of innocence, emotional balance and harmony, of simple joy that begets even more simple joy by infecting all that is around us at this moment.  Uncle Al sees this one as being a very fertile card, filled with harmony and rooted into the most convenient soil.  The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  Crowley sees this Queen as possessing ambition, but mainly focused in directions that are useful to all.  Mostly the Queen of Disks uses her instincts in a very effective manner, but she can at times go a bit overboard when attempting to manifest a pleasurable surrounding. Since my Queen is reversed, and flavoring my upright Six of Cups, I am being told that I can allow myself to be immersed in the pleasures around me because I will be able to tap into the innocence and harmony without finding myself being ruled by the pleasures of the senses. 

My Legacy cards are the Three of Wands, flavored by the Four of Swords.  The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities at hand.  This card tells me that there are good things approaching, and as I prepare for them I need to take the long view.  The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation.  This card is often seen as suggesting that the pause be used in preparation for challenges to come, and since my Four of Swords is flavoring my Three of Wands, I had better get planning!

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel; haven’t seen this one in a while), which reduces further to 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “You're likely feeling strong, healthy, and energetic. You might be inclined to take on huge tasks, some of which are more appropriate for three people than one. Be careful. You could take on more than you can handle. The strength and energy you feel now could wilt under too heavy a load. Pace yourself!”

And: “Your mind may totally focused on work today. You might find yourself obsessing over some rather tedious but necessary tasks awaiting you tomorrow morning, which you're dreading. This isn't doing you any good, my friend. Distract yourself by phoning a friend, or by reading a book that totally engrosses you. If worse comes to worst, clean the house! Tomorrow is soon enough to think about job-related matters.”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment