Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10/22/13


Eight of Pentacles/Two of Swords. The Eight of Pentacles (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells us that diligence and an awareness of details is important.  Today I may find myself very absorbed in physical-world projects, to the point where I am working in a solitary fashion and resent interruptions. The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) validates my Eight of Pentacles, because this card represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  The serenity of this card happens because we choose to not receive or acknowledge as valid the information that comes to us from the outside.  I guess I will be able to take care of all details if I shut out distractions. 

My Thoth cards are the Ace of Swords and the Knight of Cups. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts.  The Ace of Swords tells of consciousness and the beginning of the awareness of “self,” and it tells me that I am ready to make use of logic and analysis in order to assert my Will. The Thoth Knights correspond to the rank of King; the King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  This King is good at caring for others, but he is pretty passive about his own emotions, to the point of being disconnected from them.  This is an interesting pair, for it tells of the beginning of self-awareness, as well as a disconnect to personal feelings even though there is an ability to manage the feelings of others.

My Legacy card is the Five of Wands reversed, flavored by the Ace of Cups reversed. The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) in an upright position indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross-purposes. These discomforts can be beneficial, but they aren’t fun.  Growing pains?  have good results in the end, the process of getting there might be uncomfortable.  I need to remember that at times like this, my biggest opposition is myself.  I can only choose my reactions, not the situations that require those reactions.  Perhaps today I can react in a good way to these annoyances, since my Five of Wands is reversed. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  My Ace is reversed, and since it is flavoring the reversed Five of Wands, I’m thinking that the best plan is to not allow any annoyances to encourage an emotional response of any kind.  Keep calm!

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number that tells of the completeness of manifestation or effect.

My horoscopes: “Expect a visitor to put you in touch with people who could make a real difference in your life. Changes are manifesting more quickly than you realize. Certainly all that's occurring is exciting, but the speed may have you feeling a little apprehensive. Fear often accompanies success. You can't move ahead without taking some risk. You're up to this challenge!

And: “Do your best to keep things light and fun loving today. This sort of energy will be sorely needed considering the incredible intensity that is likely to kick up on a day like today. You may find that other people are saying things that are quite unexpected, and you may be surprised at the events that transpire as a result. Try not to get too bogged down by other people's negative attitudes and clashing opinions.

What a marvelously crazy busy weekend I had!  We had friends down, arriving on Friday afternoon.  We had some lovely Arabic appetizers and swordfish for dinner.  Saturday, I went to the Breadstand for the first time in three weeks, and then we went to Point Park and walked a few trails, and then sat in on a marvelous talk about monarch butterflies.  We even got to watch a few butterflies get tagged and released!

Saturday after dinner we went to listen to our friend Jeff sing.  Sunday our other friends joined us from Myrtle Beach (they are hopefully buying a house down the block from us!).  Monday was another early day, filled with good things. 

Time to come back to reality.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment