Tuesday, July 1, 2014

7/1/14

The Wheel of Fortune reversed/The Horned one. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  The Wheel reminds us that nothing is permanent and everything is always in motion, motion that we can’t control. I am being told that my job is not to control what is coming to me, but rather to effectively make use of whatever comes to me, whether comfortable or uncomfortable.  Because my Wheel is reversed, I am not correctly interpreting situations today.  Perhaps I am trying to control what is occurring around me, or perhaps I am insisting on keeping to the plans I made previously, instead of going with what makes good use of what is before me right now. Whatever the cause, I could be missing valuable opportnnities.  The Horned One/The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things. The Llewellyn Welsh Tarot does not see the Devil as a more negative card (hence the name, “The Horned One” rather than “The Devil”), but still I do need to be aware of these tendencies.  Even so, it looks like I will be tempted to feed the physical senses today.  This card could also be giving me a reason for the reversal of my Wheel card.

My Thoth cards are the Nine of Cups (“Happiness”) and The Chariot. The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  This card is about fulfillment and good times, and perhaps getting what we wished for.  Crowley believes that luck plays a part in the Happiness offered by the Nine of Cups, but he also warns that we can’t attempt to maintain this Happiness beyond today.  The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions.  The Chariot is a Water card, not an Air card, so understanding feelings is more important than cleaning the mind.  The Thoth Tarot Chariot shows a charioteer controlling four sphinxes; I would imagine that without the charioteer, the pulling by the sphinxes would cancel each other out, resulting in immobility.  Simple message here, eh?  I create my own happiness today. 

My Legacy card is the Three of Coins reversed, flavored by the Knight of Swords reversed. The Three of Coins (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) tells of competence, planning and teamwork. The Legacy card tells of a career or a skill that is a passion; an avocation which requires practice and skill and focus to manifest successfully. My Three of Coins is reversed, however, and perhaps I am being told to lighten up today.  Especially when considering the other cards thrown, I might have trouble focusing on details or handling tasks that require fine motor skills.  Uh oh, put away the fine china!  My reversed Three of Coins is being flavored with another Swords card, the Knight of Swords.  The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  While all of the Knights can be considered as mercinaries, the Knight of Swords truly personifies this career.  And because he is reversed, he might be offering a warning.  This may not be the day for me to crusade for any idea that is important to me.  I might step on some toes or put my foot in my mouth, and I probably won’t be able to follow through effectively.   In some ways, these two cards offer another version of the interpretation of the first two cards.  Maybe I should throw all four of ‘em out and just stick with my two nice Thoth cards today, eh?

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “The moment of truth has arrived, Sagittarius. For the past three weeks, expressive Mercury has been retrograde in your partnership zone, scrambling signals in all of your interpersonal connections. You said tomato, they said turnip, and on it went from there. Today Mercury resumes forward movement, and you should start to get clarity back with these key allies. If someone from your past resurfaced, you'll know what level of involvement, if any, is right to resume.

And: “There is some likelihood that you've been a bit of a loner lately. It's as though you decided to look at things differently from the rest of the world, rejecting the individualistic viewpoint in favor of a more global one. Today, you may achieve a new phase in this process. You may attain some summit of consciousness from which you finally have the ability . . . to forgive!

It’s July already!  Flowers are blooming, and it’s finally getting hot!  Welcome, Summer!


$>

No comments:

Post a Comment