Wednesday, July 30, 2014

7/30/14

Ace of Swords reversed/The Emperor. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts. This Ace in an upright position offers the power to analyze that is necessary in order to make good choices, and in order to react correctly to events in our day.  However, my Ace is reversed, and situations that present themselves today could be challenging and I might not have the fortitude to stick with the plan.  The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The Emperor of the Tarot instills balance, form and structure onto the fertility and creations of The Empress; he rules over the concrete and corporeal world and is the manifestation of spirit.  He is reminding me that if I focus on what I know needs to be accomplished, I will be able to stay grounded, and if I make use of plans that have already proven their worth, I will succeed.

My Thoth cards are the Seven of Cups (“Debauch”) and the Queen of Disks. The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction, sensory overload and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with too many enticing choices.  Crowley sees this one as being drunk on pleasure.   The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  Crowley sees this Queen as striving to manifest pleasurable surroundings without going overboard, and that is exactly what I need in order to deal with the Seven of Cups.  The problem here is that the Queen of Disks tends to enjoy the pleasures of the senses, so I need to keep her upright. 

My Legacy card is The Empress reversed, flavored by the King of Wands reversed.  Hmmm . . . The Empress (my significator card, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine (along with The High Priestess), the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses. My Empress is reversed, and she is telling me to act like The Emperor, turn away from the pleasures of my physical senses. The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is admired by all, is able to assert authority without alienating others, and his achievements not only bring him benefits, but also increase the quality of life for those around him.  My King is reversed, and flavoring my reversed Empress, who also is very creative when upright.  Looks like my Emperor is offering the best advice today: use a plan that has proved successful in the past, and stick to it.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. 

My horoscopes: “Stuck in a career rut? Not for long! Today's supportive connection between structured Saturn and the Moon in your tenth house of professional success can help you stop spinning your wheels and get unstuck. You could have a lightning-bolt epiphany today, but if you're not sure what your next steps are, turn to an older and wiser mentor for advice. Talking things out with someone who's been down the same road can help you gain clarity. The key is learning to trust your gut.

And: Your calm will be put to the test today. Try not to fall in this trap! You should try to show people around you that you are a very modern person and that your past experiences have given you wisdom. Therefore, you don't necessarily have to respond to aggressions. However, you shouldn't forget about your own point of view. Try to assert yourself calmly and steadily.

As always, Mooji manages to get me thinking.  A quote I found on one of his FaceBook pages: “One's mind comes to a beautiful place of openness, silence and peace.  In fact, one does not create such a state; one simply stops identifying with the projections of the conditioned mind and so comes to recognize and be one's true nature.  These words, “one simply stops identifying with the projections of the conditioned mind,” are resonating deeply with me, particularly because I have felt cut off from the Sacred for the past week or so.  I have asked for help, and here it is!  My connection to my subtle body has changed so much over the past few months; I need to change the way I perceive that connection now so I can truly experience it without expectations.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment