Sunday, July 20, 2014

7/20/14

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

20, Elemental: Salamander (South). South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  Salamander is also intense in personality, but this one is about consumption of fuel, and the changes and transformations that happen through consumption of fuel.  The changes presented by Salamander are more transmutation than transformation or metamorphosis.  Salamanders are actually known for putting out fires!  This is because they consume all fuel and then the flames themselves.  They are true experts, and know just how to handle Fire and its tricky nature.

45, Mars (Above).  The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machinery. Mars is about drive and energy and passion; it is also about striving to do things our own way, about conquest, power and aggression.  Mars can bring sexual tension, often infused with domination or submission, as well as fiery tempers.  Since Mars is connected to the element of Fire, all the traits of this planet can bring transformation.

46, Mercury (Above).  Whatever happens in the direction of Above, it will happen quickly, and maybe in an unexpected manner, because there are no elemental constraints to be found.  The effects associated with this card (and this planet) of Mercury are quick to manifest; they are about connections and communications, about travel, and about the way it all happens through what seems like magick!  I associate Mercury with the Internet, and thus, with the astral realms.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  Wow, this one has power, and I had better fasten my seatbelt.  The mandala looks like a mini-solar system, with the Fiery Salamander at the center, controlling everything with its swirls and eddies of influence.  While I think I just might get stuff done today (just look at all that passionate drive, power, and magickal connections!), I’m thinking that I will need to be aware of resources.  I don’t want to run out of gas just as things are beginning to look interesting. 

I’m having a great weekend, mixing physical activity with getting stuff done, laced through with spending time with loved ones.  I feel as if I’m owning my day, but without drifting to the dark side.  Let’s see if this holds to bed time.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment