Saturday, July 26, 2014

7/26/14

Eight of Pentacles reversed/The Magician reversed. The Eight of Pentacles (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position tells us that diligence and an awareness of details are important.  Schedules and deadlines will not be useful to me today, and I should probably not sweat the stuff I can’t control.  The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  This card is personally significant to me, and since he represents the manifestation of tangible knowledge (and the ability to control that manifestation), and he is reversed (and considering the message of the reversed Eight of Pentacles), I really think I need to let someone else worry about things today. 

My Thoth cards are the Nine of Cups (“Happiness”) and the Five of Swords (“Defeat”) reversed. The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  This card is about getting what you wished for, but it reminds us that we need to be detailed in our visualizations if we want to receive exactly what we are wishing for. My Nine of Cups is my only upright card of the day, and how cool is that?!  Looks like it ain’t broke, so I should not try to fix it. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) in an upright position shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card could also be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others.  Again I am being told that I should not be the leader today; someone else’s rules might work better (especially if I don’t need to enforce those rules.

My Legacy card is The Chariot reversed, flavored by the Page of Coins reversed.  Hmmm . . . lots of reversed cards today. The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells in an upright position of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions.  My Chariot is reversed, and I am being reminded again that I might not have it in me today to be the leader or the driver. My reversed Chariot is being flavored by yet another reversed card, the reversed Page of Coins.  The Page of Coins (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. This Page loves to learn new things and have new experiences, but he also can see the big picture in an optimistic way.  But, he is reversed, so making the effort to understand any new experiences that come my way today might not work.  In fact, I might not have it in me to even try.  Comfy couch, anyone??

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. 

My horoscopes: “Oh, the places you'll go! Today, a Leo New Moon activates your ninth house of travel, adventure and philosophical searching. You're ready to expand your horizons big-time, tapping that unlimited potential feeling that Archers adore. This is an ideal day to sign up for a workshop, such as a foreign language immersion class or an online course that teaches the fundamentals of launching a startup. With a New Moon in this enterprising zone of your chart, you could be hanging your shingle in the next six months!

And: “You generally tend by nature toward philosophy, metaphysics or other forms of higher thought, but today you could find yourself nearly obsessive about them. You might decide to sequester yourself at home and concentrate on studying these concepts. This is a great day to do this, as intellect combines with intuition to enable you to understand abstract ideas and make sense of them. Then you can apply it to your everyday life! Go to it!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment