Thursday, July 24, 2014

7/24/14

The High Priestess/Seven of Swords reversed. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician (who is also in my spread today), the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and she is somewhat removed from everyday life although her mind is receptive.  She is telling me that an understanding of the darkness and the light brings balance.  The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) in an upright position tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  This card can also be referring to the effort necessary to maintain things, or lack of effort thereof.  Because my card is reversed, I am being told that keeping things as they are might be a waste of energy today.  Better to open myself to whatever is there, without expecting to control things.

My Thoth cards are the Three of Wands (“Virtue”) and the Five of Disks (“Worry”) reversed. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities at hand.  Crowley sees this one as representing primal energy that is beginning to manifest.  This card tells me that today is a good day to take the initiative. The Five of Disks (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) in an upright position tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  This card tells of wandering aimlessly looking for help and not finding it; because my Five of Disks is reversed, I am being told that asking for help may very well bring the answers I need.

My Legacy card is The Moon reversed, flavored by the Five of Swords. The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  This card tells of falsehood and illusion and the Dark Night of Soul, and about magick and mystery. The Moon also tells of being either drawn to or susceptible to the effects of these things.  The Moon is similar to The High Priestess, and it is interesting that the card of hidden or occult knowledge is upright, and the card of illusion and the subconscious is reversed.  Does this mean that illusion will not plague me?  Or does it mean that when exploring the subconscious, I will only find darkness?  My reversed Moon is being flavored by the Five of Swords.  The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card could also be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others.  I am uneasy about this pairing; somehow I get the feeling that my reversed Moon is not helping my Five of Swords, and I had better be real careful about consequences before I insist on making everyone play by my rules.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number that tells of the completeness (not completion) of manifestation and effect.

My horoscopes: “Ever notice how quickly conversations about money—especially shared money—can get heated? Fortunately, today's alignment of the Moon and compassionate Venus in your joint resources zone make it easy to talk about this touchy topic. As a result, you'll probably get down to the real issues underneath any tension. Perhaps one of you feels unappreciated, taken for granted or even unloved. Today, a caring conversation can help you both get past it and back in harmony again.

And: “Sometimes we all feel a little lost. We feel that we can move mountains and we use all our energy and enthusiasm to do so. But a few moments later we feel that our efforts will be vain. This is one of the hard facts of life:" Nothing is for granted". You shouldn't let that refrain you from trying to makes things change around you!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment