Sunday, July 13, 2014

7/13/14


Transparent Oracle Sunday!

43, Sun (Above). The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machinery.  The Sun brings light and warmth into our world, and thus life can exist.  The light illuminates truth, and the warmth brings wealth, success and happiness.  Our sun has a corona, so The Sun tells of charisma and brilliance.

36, Guide: Bear (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Bear is about protection and hibernation, power, shelter and instincts.  Mother bears are fierce, yet gentle, and that is the message of this card.  I am being told by Bear that I should protect and nurture myself, but I should also make use of what I’ve learned to not only connect with my own instincts, but also to nurture and guide others.

67, Empathy (Within). Within is the direction of the Self, and thus the cards associated with this direction deal with the ways our Self connects to the world and perceives the world, and the Self.  This direction is mostly abstract, and yet is our bridge to the Universe around us. Empathy is about receptivity, sensitivity, and shared emotions or experiences.  This is not a detached understanding of another, but rather it is about being able to communicate without words, without conscious understanding, as if we ourselves are experiencing the feelings of another being.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  The Sun is the obvious center of this small solar system, with Empathy warming its hands on the warmth and heat of the Solar Disk.  This is not about illumination so I can see with my eyes, but rather I am being asked to perceive my world without seeing.  I need to take care of myself this weekend, to “be all I can be” so that I can in turn offer nurturing and guidance to others. 

And this is what I’ve been doing.  I am getting up and out for a walk and a bike ride early.  I am keeping active during the day, and I am feeding my soul as well.  I am striving to keep positive and useful thoughts and feelings within my subtle body, and I am striving to remember that the greatest power is love. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment