Wednesday, July 16, 2014

7/15/14

The Hierophant/Nine of Wands reversed. The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony, and conforming to the rules and traditions with the aim of presenting the highest good of the group.  There is duty to be found in this card, as well as morality, and a suggestion that tradition should not be accepted blindly, but rather manifested through conscious choice.  Today, this kind of structure will be beneficial to me. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  This card also tells of the order and control that helps us to plan for possible challenges or hostilities to come, the way a seasoned warrior would plan.  My card is reversed, and in whatever manner I choose to manifest my faith, I should be aware that just because others do not believe as I do, does not mean I should challenge them.  Faith is a personal thing and spiritual paths should be fit to the individual.

My Thoth cards are the Three of Swords (“Sorrow”) reversed (whew!) and the Nine of Cups (“Happiness”). The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion. Crowley sees this card as indicating not a specific sorrow, but rather melancholy, the kind of melancholy that actually brings changes for the good.  This one has been showing up a lot for me lately; thankfully it is reversed today, so the sorrow will not be as deep or pervasive as it appears. The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  This card is about fulfillment and good times, about experiencing good luck, and perhaps getting what we wished for.  My end result may be good, but considering my other cards today, I should attempt to be a graceful winner.

My Legacy card is the King of Cups, flavored by the Knight of Cups reversed.  Lots of Cups cards today! The King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  He is able to be calm, caring and diplomatic, and still get things done by getting others working together in a productive way.  My King of Cups is being flavored by the reversed Knight of Cups. The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  Upright, this Knight appears calm to others, but inwardly he feels things strongly.  He is reversed today, and this might mean I may be tempted to wear my heart on my sleeve, and that will not be a good thing.  In the Legacy Tarot, the King is standing before a pool of calm water, everything in control, while the upright Knight is being bombarded by waves, yet keeping a cool, calm center.  My Knight is reversed, so that calm center will be breached; my King is showing me how to react to the chaos.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “Family is a source of pain and pleasure today, Archer, so have some quick-exit strategies at the ready. A perfect alignment of the reactive Moon and codependent Neptune in your family zone supercharges all interactions. While you want to be there for your relatives, it's not your job to save anyone. If one of them sucks you into her "damsel in distress" routine, be ready to mount your trusty steed, and ride as fast as you can in the opposite direction. Everyone will benefit from this.

And: “Friends, neighbors and relatives could be feeling especially stressed out and explosive today, so this is not a good day to initiate intense communications with them. Keep your conversations with others light and inconsequential. This is a great day to stay home and read, especially since your mind is particularly receptive to unusual ideas. The Internet, as well as videos and TV documentaries could be most informative.


$>

No comments:

Post a Comment