Saturday, July 19, 2014

7/19/14

The Tower reversed/Queen of Swords.  Whew; I feel like I just dodged a bullet.  The Tower (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Mars (action, spontaneity, aggression, drive), Phe (mouth or speech), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (which offers the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration)) is one of the Major Arcana cards that talks of adjustments.  This one in an upright position tells of a violent or explosive correction in the way things are going that usually happens after more gentle corrections don’t bring the needed result.  I do understand what this card is about, even though it is reversed.  Yes, the adjustment may not be as explosive as I expect, but the card is there no matter what.  And this one needs to be listened to.  Oswald Wirth offers a great description of this card: the essence of The Tower is “. . . less a temple, a house of God, than a sacred building of a body mistakenly identified with God.”  Thankfully, I will be able to adjust things today in a way that will prevent this downfall. The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card, which is about responsibility and the relationship between “cause” and “effect.”  The main difference is that while Justice is about the law, the Queen of Swords is about the intent behind the law.  I have a feeling she is keeping that Tower in the reversed position.

My Thoth cards are The Wheel of Fortune and the Nine of Swords (“Cruelty”) reversed. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  The Wheel reminds us that nothing is permanent and everything is always in motion, motion that we can’t control. I am being told that my job is not to control what is coming to me, but rather to effectively make use of whatever comes to me, whether comfortable or uncomfortable. The cycles of The Wheel are important, even the uncomfortable ones, and if The Wheel stops turning, we will fall off.  Since my Wheel is upright, I should be able to grab hold of good opportunities. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangeable.  This card represents the “agony of the mind,” and the poison created by this agony can kill every positive opportunity that comes my way today.  Since it is reversed, I should be able to prevent the poison from taking hold, or at the very least, provide a useful antidote.

My Legacy card is the Seven of Coins reversed, flavored by the Ace of Coins. The Seven of Coins (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) in an upright position tells of pauses and choices and assessments within the physical world.  Pausing to evaluate my efforts thus far may not be in order, and in fact, a pause may short-circuit enthusiasm.  There is still work to be done, and perhaps I will be able to assess things tomorrow.  My reversed Seven of Coins is being flavored by the Ace of Coins. The Ace of Coins (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world.  This card represents the seed of something that could be great, but it is potential only, not yet manifested, and it is validating my interpretation of the reversed Seven of Coins.  There is still potential to be nurtured and cared for, and a pause now might cause me to miss opportunities.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “Warning: The green-eyed monster might descend on you unannounced, throwing your normal optimism into a tailspin. Today's tense angle between aggressive Mars and the Sun in your competitive eighth house will pass by tomorrow. Yet, when you're in the throes of it, there's nowhere to run or hide. If you're overcome with envy, call an even-tempered friend for a reality check. In the love department, you could see a friend in a new light. Stay open to possibilities, but don't do something you might live to regret.

And: “Have your friends ever told you that you could be a great teacher? At home, you are the one who speaks all the time, you are almost compelled to make those around you listen to you. Children are fascinated by your knowledge! Today, Nanci, someone might not agree with you and might destabilize you. You will learn that your lessons are understood and can lead to a conversation! Knowledge is not a one-way street

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment