Monday, July 28, 2014

7/28/14

Five of Swords reversed/Two of Pentacles. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card in an upright position could also be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others, but it is reversed and perhaps I will be able to prevent this situation.  I need to strive for harmony and the highest good of all, not just myself. The Two of Pentacles (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) reminds us that everything always ebbs and flows, and we need to do the same in order to remain dynamically balanced.  Change is what allows stability to be functional, and I should keep that in mind.  Looks like if I can prevent the tendency to take control, I should be able to remain in balance, and keep a sense of humor.

My Thoth cards are The Magician and the Four of Disks (“Power”) reversed. The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  This card is personally significant to me, and since he represents the manifestation of tangible knowledge (and the ability to control that manifestation); I am being told to think independently, to be flexible and balanced, and to manifest my Purpose with my own hard-earned skills.  The Four of Disks (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution, cunning) in an upright position tells of very solid foundations and an awareness of the value of our possessions.  Uncle Al sees this card as representing the power of the Law rather than power achieved through aggression.  Because the Four of Disks is reversed, foundations may not be as strong as they appear.  Perhaps my Magician can deal with this; after all, he is the expert of manifestation and he can certainly deal effectively with obstacles.

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands reversed flavored by The Emperor reversed. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  This is a card of action and ownership, personal power and authority, but it is reversed, and it is flavored by another card of authority, also reversed, The Emperor. The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and in an upright position represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The upright Emperor instills balance, form and structure onto the fertility and creations of The Empress, but since my Emperor is reversed and flavoring the reversed Two of Wands, it looks as if I will be dealing with out-of-the-box events today.  Yep, I’m glad the Two of Pentacles and The Magician have shown up in my spread, because with these two cards reversed, I need help dealing with the unexpected. 

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “It's not like you to tamp down your desire, Archer, but if that has been the case of late, today's dramatic duel between love planet Venus and provocateur Pluto could blow the lid off things. Reach out to someone who's caught your eye or a concept that's intrigued you. Listen to your heart instead of the little voice inside your head that says this is not your idea of how things are "supposed to" be. Take a few steps in that new direction and see what happens.

And: “Enthusiasm and energy will be your allies today! Something different is floating in the air today and incites you to go forward. You will take decisions and new directions for the good of the people in your environment. Your dynamism will have a beneficial impact on your family. This newfound strength will give you a great boost!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment