Thursday, July 10, 2014

7/9/14

The Chariot/The Emperor.  Interesting.  The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions.  The Chariot is a Water card, not an Air card, so understanding feelings is more important than cleaning the mind; the Charioteer is the important ingredient here because the two horses pulling in opposite directions cancel each other out..  The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The Emperor of the Tarot instills balance, form and structure onto the fertility and creations of The Empress; he rules over the concrete and corporeal world and is the manifestation of spirit.  He is a very good representation of the Charioteer of my first card of the day, and adding his Fire to the Water should create some expansive energy; if I can control it, I will get things done.

My Thoth cards are The Devil and the Queen of Disks reversed. The Horned One/The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things.  Not every deck sees this card as representing hopeless bondage, however the Thoth Tarot also sees this card as representing blind ambition and secretive plans, as well as obsessive behavior.  It looks like I will be tempted to feed the physical senses today.  Doing so might give me the illusion that I am in control, but in the end I’m not. The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  Crowley sees this Queen in an upright position as striving to manifest pleasurable surroundings without going overboard, because she is reversed, she is validating the message of The Devil, and she is telling me there may be some imbalance today in my physical world, and in my ambitions and plans for the day.  I might be tempted to give in to that imbalance, but I should do my best to not do so.

My Legacy card is the Queen of Coins (Bookends!), flavored by the Page of Coins reversed. The Legacy Queen of Coins manifests through her visualizations, and brings her plans into reality.  She is comfortable with all physical world sensations and experiences, maybe because she also understands balance.  She is being flavored by the reversed Page of Coins.  The Page of Coins (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. This Page loves to learn new things and have new experiences, but he also can see the big picture in an optimistic way.  My Page is reversed, and I am being told that while optimism has its purposes, I need to perceive my physical world in a more mature way. 

More about my Bookends card, the Queen of Pentacles/Disks/Coins.  Our Queen represents Water of Earth, and represents a time when emotions support the senses (or counteract them, if the card is reversed). This Queen not only understands the workings of the physical world, but she also understands the philosophies behind building and healing and nurturing.  She cares for the physical body and the physical world in an effective and compassionate manner, and she is able to find beauty in all experiences.  Others look to this Queen for strength, and if she is reversed, she may not be a good role model.  Also, a reversed card could be telling of an unbalanced focus on material wealth or physical comfort/pleasure, or a lack of attention to physical health and well-being. 

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and energy if “distance between” of the 2.

My horoscopes: “Who are you anyway, Sagittarius? You could feel like you're grappling with multiple personalities today, as neurotic Neptune faces off with the Moon in your sign. This may manifest as some conflict between your inner and outer worlds, as your more sensitive side takes a battering from external forces beyond your control. Try not to get defensive if you feel victimized because you're probably reading things wrong. Instead, aim to take the high road.

And: “Make sure there is an equal amount of give and take in your day. Sometimes when you love someone you just want to keep giving and giving in order to illustrate your incredible love for them. Be sure that you are not draining yourself of valuable energy that you need for yourself. Also be sure that the people you are giving to are also giving their fair share in return.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment