Thursday, July 17, 2014

7/16/14

Five of Cups/Eight of Swords.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or disappointment, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made; this card also warns us that we are focusing too much on difficult emotions. I am being told that while it may seem that the uncomfortable stuff is ruling my day, there are some hidden satisfactions to be found.  I just need to turn away from the bad stuff and look behind me.  The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.  These two cards together make a lot of sense to me, and I need to remember that in the end, I only lose the power to choose my thoughts, words and deeds if I surrender that choice.  Emotions and thoughts can bring pleasures, too.

My Thoth cards are the Five of Cups (“Disappointment”) again, and The Universe reversed. Crowley really describes this card nicely: he says that Cups are about feelings and pleasures, and the number 5 is about disturbing the stability of the number 4; thus any disturbance of “ease” can only lead to discomfort. The Universe/World, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  Crowley sees this one as also telling of opposition or obstinacy.  The completeness of manifestation in this instance is set in stone; while it may also be the catalyst that begins the new cycle, the current cycle cannot be changed.  Since My Universe is reversed, the integration is not happening.  Lethargy?  Disappointment?  Some feeling or belief must be holding me back.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Wands reversed, flavored by the Ace of Swords reversed.  The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project.  Lots of Fiery energy here, but in the early stages; Will has not yet been manifested.  My reversed Ace of Wands is being flavored by another reversed Ace, the reversed Ace of Swords.  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts. This Ace in an upright position offers the power to analyze that is necessary in order to make good choices, and in order to react correctly to events in our day.  Both Aces are reversed, and oh boy, looks like I am being set up for some weird stuff over the next few days, without many ways to get away.  The only suit not presented today is Pentacles, and since my emotions will be unbalanced and my thought processes will be ineffective, and I won’t have creative or intellectual potential available to me, I may need to focus on my physical body.  No going back to bed today!

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “The world becomes your oyster today, Archer, as your celestial ruler, lucky Jupiter, swings into Leo and your ninth house of travel, expansion and study for the next 13 months. This only happens only once every 12 years, and it brings with it golden opportunities. You'll be in your element since the ninth house is associated with Sagittarius (the ninth sign). You could get "really big in Berlin," embark on a major trip or even start up a serious long-distance relationship.

And: “Today you're likely to be more focused than usual on whatever it is you have to do, whether it's chores around the house and yard or projects of your own which are very important to you. Your mind is especially sharp and in tune with your feelings. Dreams and imaginings might prove valuable sources of inspiration. At some point your mind might turn to travel, or the acquisition of new knowledge, or both. Enjoy your day.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment