Thursday, July 17, 2014

7/17/14

Ace of Pentacles/Queen of Wands.  Aces present potential only, and the Ace of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world.  Perhaps a physical focus is just what I need today in order to get rid of the lethargy of the past few days.  Aces are powerful cards, and especially because this card of potential showed up first in my throw today, it just might be the way to activate all the other cards.  The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) is energetic, adaptable and enthusiastic; she is filled with persistent energy and calm authority at the same time, and because of this she draws others to her.  She is kind of a self-made woman, with her sense of humor intact.  This card tells of life and of the animation that is the manifestation of life, and the calm authority that comes when we are comfortable with both.  I should know that I have this authority.  I should make use of it, particularly in the physical world (as that seems to be where my potential lies today), and no matter what happens, I should lace humor into the day.

My Thoth cards are the Nine of Cups (“Happiness”) and the Four of Swords (“Truce”).  The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  This card is about fulfillment and good times, about experiencing good luck, and perhaps getting what we wished for.  Emotionally, it looks like I will be able to move beyond the focus on discomfort of yesterday.  Perhaps it is that ability to notice the focus on discomfort, and then choose to not continue it, which will provide my Happiness.  The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation used to prepare for challenges to come.  The pause represented by this card does not happen due to weakness, but rather through conscious choice.  Again, I am being reminded that I have strengths at my disposal, and that it is not necessarily the actions that bring power and Happiness, but rather, the choice to take action.

My Legacy card is Strength reversed, flavored by the Nine of Wands.  The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus.  The Legacy Strength card tells of “fortitude,” the ability to face danger or discomfort with confidence, yet not seek it out for personal glory.  This card is about enlightenment, but it is also reversed today.  I may be moving in the right direction, but the empowerment being offered to me is not yet owned by me.  My reversed Strength is being flavored by the Nine of Wands.  The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  This card also tells of the order and control that helps us to plan for possible challenges or hostilities to come, the way a seasoned warrior would plan.  Taken with my reversed Strength card, my Nine of Wands is telling me to hang in there even though I feel as if I might not be able to endure.  The poem, “When Things Go Wrong, As They Sometimes Do” is in order here, and if I persevere, I just might be able to turn that Strength card upright!

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number that tells of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Your lust for life knows no bounds, but today's challenging square between the Moon and muckraker Pluto in your financial sphere could froth up some anxiety over money. Before you cut up all your credit cards, look at your recent spending habits. Have you been going overboard? Look where you can easily cut back— extravagant clothes, meals and gifts—and rein yourself in. Instead, take pleasure in preparing fresh, simple meals at home and upcycling clothes in the back of your closet.

And: “A lot of physical activity, possibly including workouts, sports, and dancing, could take place, as your energy, enthusiasm, and stamina are all very high today. Life may be demanding on a mental level as well, but you can handle it. Relations with friends and colleagues should be warm, congenial, and full of good-natured banter. By the end of the day you could be exhausted but satisfied with everything you've done.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment