Sunday, June 1, 2014

5/30/14

The Horned One/Page of Swords reversed. The Horned One/The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things. The Llewellyn Welsh Tarot does not see the Devil as a more negative card (hence the name, “The Horned One” rather than “The Devil”), but still I do need to be aware of these tendencies.  But if I take the less negative interpretation and attempt to maintain a bit of balance, or at least some grounding in reality, I might be able to make it through the day without getting in trouble; I need to think out of the physical-world box before I act. The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  Apparently, analysis and the working of the intellect will not be my strong points today, and that might be the reason I get caught up in the pleasures of the physical world.

My Thoth cards are the Prince of Disks reversed and the Ace of Swords reversed. The Prince/Knight of Coins (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring.  I’m guessing (because of my first two cards) that today I might not be able to ground myself into any of the beneficial traits of my Prince of Disks.  There is a danger that I might insist on doing things a certain way, with too narrow a focus; a recipe for trouble?  We shall see. .  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts. This Ace in an upright position offers the power to analyze that is necessary in order to make good choices, and in order to react correctly to events in our day.  However, my Ace is reversed, and I may have trouble making good decisions today.  Oy, add that to the reversed Prince of Disks, and care and caution are in order.

My Legacy card is Temperance reversed, being flavored by the Queen of Wands reversed.  Wheee, look at all those reversed cards today! Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and upright, this card presents one version of the concept of balance: balance achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes. My Temperance card is reversed, and I may not be good at moderating today.  This one showing up on the same day as The Horned One does not predict a balanced day.  LOL, I think if I can get to bed without a hangover, I will be happy.  My reversed Temperance is being flavored by another reversed card, the reversed Queen of Wands. The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) is energetic, adaptable and enthusiastic; she is filled with persistent energy and calm authority at the same time, and because of this she draws others to her.  She is kind of a self-made woman, with her sense of humor intact.  However, since she is reversed today, those tendencies may not serve me in a positive manner.  Enthusiasm could make me a bull in a china closet, and a sense of authority could alienate those around me.  Looks like I need to keep myself under control today, after all my only upright card is The Horned One.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “It's an excellent forecast for you, Sagittarius! Although no specific events will occur, there is the huge promise of freedom over the next seven months. A fundamental shift is about to occur in your occupation and love life, As the months unfold, you can expect to be more visionary, more creative, and perhaps more rebellious. This time, you'll be much more effective than in the past two or three years.

And: “Today there are many areas that you can shine in. You need only be yourself to win over the hearts of others. There is a graciousness to your manner that draws people close to you, whether you've ever noticed it before or not. Realize this, and know that it is not a fluke. You need not take much action; it will come to you.

This is Jazz Festival weekend in Cape May, and the weather is going to be gorgeous!  We are going to see a favorite band today, Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks.  Then we will attend the wedding of the son of friends, then back to the house for a great dinner.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment