Tuesday, June 10, 2014

6/10/14

King of Wands reversed/Nine of Cups reversed.  The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is admired by all, is able to assert authority without alienating others, and his achievements not only bring him benefits, but also increase the quality of life for those around him.  My King is reversed, however, and I need to be wary of prejudgment before the facts become clear.  Enthusiasm is a powerful tool, but it must be wielded with maturity. The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  This card is about fulfillment and good times, and perhaps getting what we wished for, but since it is reversed, getting my wish may not be all it’s hyped up to be.  Imperfections might end up needing to be dealt with.

My Thoth cards are the Prince of Wands reversed and The Hermit.  In the Thoth Tarot, the rank of Prince equals the rank of Knight.  The Prince/Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  My Knight, who is reversed, is wearing mail; because he is reversed he may be warning me that I should not assume that every conflict needs to be a battle.  The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and is about searching within for a deeper meaning, often through solitude bordering on discomfort.  The presence of the energies of The Hermit, my only upright card today, reminds me that in order to release the past and achieve something of value, the work must be done internally, usually involving solitude to the point of discomfort, and with an outward mantle of “business as usual.”  Like The High Priestess, he deals with hidden or not obvious knowledge, however The Hermit understands that his knowledge is insignificant when compared to what he does not know.  He also acknowledges that the maintenance of his solitude requires will power.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Cups reversed, flavored by The Star reversed.  Lots of reversed Court Cards today, eh?  The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  This Knight appears calm to others, but inwardly he feels things strongly, but since my Knight is reversed, this whole scenario could be reversed: calm inside yet appearing agitated.  I will also need to be careful about dedicating myself to a concept that ends up being an illusion instead of fact.  My reversed Knight of Cups is being flavored by another reversed card, the reversed Star.  The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) in an upright position is the “good will to all” card, and while it can hint at some unexpected darkness, it also reminds us that things will turn out okay in the end.  Because my Star is reversed, things might seem a bit flat, or run-of-the-mill, or even depressing or overwhelming. Even reversed, I’m glad this card is here and flavoring my reversed Knight.  Yep, my Knight may be a bit down in the doldrums, but tomorrow is another day.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the position and potential of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and energy of “distance between” of the two. 

My horoscopes: “Today, Sagittarius, you'll undoubtedly ask yourself a lot of questions. You tend to be rather introverted, and you typically need a great deal of freedom. You're usually an energetic person, but with the current astral energy at play, you may feel lonely and doubtful of your abilities. Take time today to analyze your commitments to others.

And: “If you admit you've made a mistake, people are more likely to forgive you for it. You have a confrontational day ahead. There is no doubt that you are in a stationary position concerning your career, and that may be crimping your style somewhat, financially speaking. But you'll make progress sooner if you assume your responsibilities and gauge what your mistakes have been. However, don't be too critical of yourself! It's all part of the learning process.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment