Wednesday, June 4, 2014

6/4/14

The High Priestess reversed/Nine of Swords. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician (who is also in my spread today), the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and she is somewhat removed from everyday life.  Because she is reversed, perhaps I am missing the message that is hidden behind what is apparent to my physical senses.  Sacred Science, after all, is beyond the power and the perception of our senses. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangeable.  Worry tends to distract us, and perhaps it is worry that is keeping my High Priestess in a reversed position.

My Thoth cards are The Emperor and the Four of Disks (“Power”).  Now, there is a statement. The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The Emperor of the Tarot instills balance, form and structure onto the fertility and creations of The Empress; he rules over the concrete and corporeal world and is the manifestation of spirit, unlike my High Priestess above.  He validates the reversed position of The High Priestess, and tells me that the messages of my senses might be important after all. The Four of Disks (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution, cunning) tells of very solid foundations and an awareness of the value of our possessions. In the Thoth Tarot, this card tells of the power that is inherent in the Law; not aggressive but rather, able to negotiate.  Hmmm . . . The Emperor expects to be obeyed, but the Four of Disks is asking him to chill a bit.

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands, flavored by the Four of Swords reversed.  Another statement. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  This is personal power and making a statement of ownership, unlike the offerings of the upright High Priestess, which have more to do with hidden (yet equally powerful) knowledge. Perhaps the Two of Wands is reminding me that if I believe in my own self, I should own what I believe.  My Two of Wands is being flavored by the reversed Four of Swords. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation used to prepare for challenges to come.  The pause represented by this card does not happen due to weakness, but rather through conscious choice.  Because my Four of Swords is reversed, it is reinforcing the message of the Two of Wands.  Today I need to own what is important to me, and I am ready to manifest what I know.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “You usually tend toward rational and scientific ways of thinking, Sagittarius, but today you might be so intuitive that you're more likely to use your psychic abilities. This can be a mixed blessing. Your rational nature protects you from identifying too much with the world's less fortunate. Today this protection is greatly lessened, so be prepared to emotionally identify with everybody.

And: “It can be hard to let go of old habits and beliefs even as new, better ways of thinking are struggling to gain a foothold. But it is time for you to do so. You might find it difficult to open up and confide your feelings, but a frank conversation with close friends will do much to ease your mind. You are changing, there is no question about it. Your friends will show you that this transformation is a positive one indeed.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment