Wednesday, June 18, 2014

6/18/14

Judgement/Ace of Cups reversed.  Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and represents an opportunity to tally up and pay the bill so we can have a fresh start.  Judgement is about that final step which will allow me to release the past and move forward.  Oswald Wirth describes Judgement this way: “Judgement intervenes for the purpose of distinguishing the spiritual from the material, the deep significance from the expressive form, the living word from the dead letter.” In order to pay the bill we must determine value, both the value of the things being paid for and the coin being used to pay.  Determining value is important for me today, particularly because I will be asked to pay my proportionate share in order to access that which I value. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  My Ace of Cups is reversed, and it is telling me to remember that sometimes emotions and feelings cloud the issue.  Looks like I will need to keep emotions out of the picture today.

My Thoth cards are the Eight of Swords (“Interference”) and the Seven of Wands (“Valor”) reversed. The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.  I may feel today that I can’t get things done because everyone else seems to be preventing me from being effective.  The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment.  This card also reminds me to choose my projects carefully, and then stand by them until the end.  The Legacy Seven of Wands has a personal message to me whether upright or reversed: a test is coming.  Because my card is reversed, it looks like self-confidence might be the root cause of any hesitation today.  Makes sense to me.

My Legacy card is the Six of Swords reversed, flavored by The Moon. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) in an upright position is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  I love this card because upright it is how I learn and grow; because my Six of Swords is reversed today, I might be distracted from those scientific explanations for how and why things work (or maybe those scientific explanations won’t sit well with me). My reversed Six of Swords is being flavored by The Moon.  The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  This card may tell of falsehood and illusion and the Dark Night of Soul, but it also tells of magick and mystery.  It makes sense to me, because in the end the message of the other cards today are warning me that I might not be seeing things as they actually are, and with Judgement at the beginning of this spread, seeing things as they actually are just might be the key for surviving the day.

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number that tells of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “A lot of serious matters are on your mind, perhaps involving plans for the future. It's likely that you'll want to stay home today and do some contemplating. Various new opportunities could be coming your way, Sagittarius, and you won't want to let them pass you by without serious consideration. Chores around the house could prove a valuable outlet for physical energy while allowing thoughts to churn in your mind.

And: “Have you felt somewhat lost for the past few days? Today, the fog may lift, enabling you to situate yourself at last. You are probably eager to settle a question that has been nagging at you and interfering with your judgment. However, especially if it has to do with emotional matters, you should be patient. Try to understand, but don't take action immediately. You'll be more objective beginning tomorrow.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment