Thursday, June 26, 2014

6/26/14

The Wheel of Fortune/The Sun. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  The Wheel reminds us that nothing is permanent and everything is always in motion, motion that we can’t control.  Good times come and go, and we would not want them to remain forever.  Our job is to effectively make use of what we are given. The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and it tells of a time of enlightenment and peace that comes after the completion of some ordeal.  Even reversed, The Sun is not a bad card, just a bit less intense in its illumination.  These two cards together make me feel that I have made good use of what I have been given, and while I can’t just retire permanently, I am entitled to have some time to relax.  I still need to be aware of the ebbs and flows of energies around me though, just in case I am called once again to action.

My Thoth cards are the Six of Disks (“Success”) and the Ace of Cups reversed. Success in the physical world is what the Six of Disks refers to. The Six of Disks (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position.  Crowley sees the Six of Disks as a card of balance, and while that balance is fertile, it is also temporary.  Also, being aware of what I don’t have is the best way to make good use of what I do have. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  My Ace of Cups is reversed, and it has been appearing for me (in a reversed position) often.  There is some emotional imbalance to be dealt with, and it looks like I had better get started.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords, flavored by the Eight of Wands. The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  While all of the Knights can be considered as mercenaries, the Knight of Swords truly personifies this career.  Slicing through obstacles in the name of the higher good for all will come easy for me today, but compassion and mercy might not be first on my mind.  My Knight is being flavored by the Eight of Wands. The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card are fast and strong and sudden, and while the dust will surely fly, the end result should be balance.  This one is kind of a Minor Arcana version of The Wheel, and since The Wheel is my first card today, things might move quickly.  Thankfully, I do have at least one card of each suit/element, so there is hope that I will be able to ride the wave.  Kowabunga!

My 6-digit date number is 10, the completion of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of position and potential. 

My horoscopes: “Not only your own success but that of members of your household could have you on a real emotional high today, Sagittarius. Your mind is likely to be buzzing with possibilities for future expansion, some of which may not be all that workable. However, you should allow yourself a few flights of fancy. Tomorrow your feet will be back on the ground and you'll see things in a more practical light.

And: “Try to be persistent and don't give up the fight today. It might seem as if you are making no progress whatsoever, and that it gets harder and harder to make a decision about anything. This is no reason to give up. You will find that in truth, other people are just as confused as you are. Find a clever way to verbally express what you feel. You can sort the issues out with the help of others as long as you are in touch with your own inner state.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment