Tuesday, June 24, 2014

6/24/14

The Emperor/Death reversed.  The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The Emperor of the Tarot instills balance, form and structure onto the fertility and creations of The Empress; he rules over the concrete and corporeal world and is the manifestation of spirit.  He is reminding me that I should have confidence in myself as I work within my chosen venues.  I do have the ability to be of value.  The Death card of the Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and upright it tells of natural change that cannot be stopped, and that usually involves the potential to step upward on the evolutionary ladder. Many people fear this card, but Death can be seen as representing natural change through alchemic putrefaction.  My Death card is reversed, and it may seem to me that something is ending that I still value.  This choice to stay as we are is taken from us eventually, and if we fight the change too hard, we end up dealing with a violent adjustment.  I can pause for a moment, but then I had best allow my Emperor to guide me forward.  The Death card is the number 13, which reduces to the number 4, The Emperor.  How is that for a connection?!

My Thoth cards are The Moon and the Ace of Cups reversed.  The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  The discomforts presented by this card can make us afraid, but most of the time there is nothing to fear at all.  This card may tell of illusions and the Dark Night of Soul, but it reminds me that as a Witch, I have magick on my side, and I know how to deal with mystery. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  My Ace of Cups is reversed, and I had better look to my heart chakra, for there might be a blockage there.  Both of these cards are connected to the element of Water, and that Water is spilling out of my reversed Ace.  Hmm . . .

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords, flavored by the Nine of Cups.  Opposites for my Legacy cards.  The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the perception that interference, powerlessness and restriction will rule the day.  The traditional image on this one is of a body laying on its stomach, with ten Swords sticking up out of his back.  Talk about overkill!  The suit of Swords is about the mind and the intellect, and the though process might be really breaking down today.  My Ten of Swords is being flavored by the “wish card,” the Nine of Cups.  The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  This card is about fulfillment and good times, and perhaps getting what we wished for.  I’m wondering (and hoping!) that I am being offered a choice here, and if I can prevent the “analysis paralysis” of the Ten of Swords, I will end up with the Nine of Cups.  How is that for incentive?!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of the conscious and deliberate response to the pause and approach of degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the harmony and balance of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Try not to be too fixed in your attitude today, Sagittarius. Realize that you may have to give a little in order to work comfortably with the people around you. It's important that you be slow and reserved in your moves, especially in matters of the heart. Be open and receptive. Try not to scare anyone away with abrasive words or insisting that you're always right.

And: “The topic of the day is knowledge and learning. Did you study the field you dreamed of? Do you feel ashamed of not having attended such-and-such a school or program? If those sorts of issues are uppermost on your mind, remember that your creativity has little to do with the degrees you hold and everything to do with how you use your skills and knowledge to better the world.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment