Monday, June 23, 2014

6/22/14

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

8, Guide: Eagle (East). East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Eagle is considered the King of Birds, and often is seen as a Divine Messenger because he can fly to such amazing heights.  He tells of being able to see into the distance, and of achievements (and associated honors) gotten through courage and focus.  When Eagle is around, courage and perspective and vision will bring great results.

33, Element: Earth (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Earth is the element of form and substance; it is connected to physical health, to material world security (and even wealth), and to our physical bodies and physical senses, and the pleasures and pains they bring.  Earth represents the fertile, nurturing and serene side of Nature, and it represents the tangible end result of our labors.

25, Landscape: Ocean (West). West is the direction of Water, and thus, of feelings and emotions, relationships of all kinds, cleansing and healing, the wisdom associated with natural endings, and the bubbling up of pure joy.  Oceans are huge and magnificent; they are considered the cradle of life.  They can be calm as glass, but beneath that smooth flat surface lurk powerful predators.  They can be rough and deadly, yet if we travel down a short distance, all is quiet and silent.  The Ocean card is about death and life, about destruction and creation; and amidst the chaos, healing and purification.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  Eagle and Earth are laced together here, surrounded by Water.  I am being reminded by this mandala that perspective is very important today, especially regarding the results of my efforts over the past few days.  Those efforts could be connected to the Earth (and they have been; I’ve been working in my beloved garden!).  Emotions may not be a direct part of this effort, but they are there, supporting me, protecting me, and surrounding me.  Water has been on my mind today as well in a literal sense, because the weather has been sunny and dry.  I’ve been watering my flowers each day this weekend, and Water is indeed the cradle of life.

The flowers are beautiful, the grass is green, and another robin has built a nest in our wisteria.  I was trimming the wisteria, and suddenly she flew out of where I was working, and sat in a nearby tree and yelled at me.  I looked carefully, and sure enough, there was the nest!  I am hoping her babies survive; last year’s nest was attacked by a crow.  She is in a different spot this year, and I am keeping my fingers crossed.  I can’t wait to hear those little baby birds calling out to their mom when she brings them dinner.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment