Thursday, May 29, 2014

5/29/14

Knight of Wands reversed/Five of Cups.  The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  This Fiery Knight tends to be about the goal or end result, without taking into consideration any consequences, but my Knight is reversed today.  I wonder if he just might be telling me that being focused on merely the end result could be discouraging.  Better I should aim to achieve a little victory today, rather than the entire war.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or disappointment, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made.  Oh, yeah, I get this one today.  My message is the traditional one for this card: don’t focus on the things that are causing you pain.  Look around and find the good things that are coming from the situation.  They are there, waiting for you to discover them!

My Thoth cards are The Aeon/Judgement and the Eight of Wands (“Swiftness”) reversed.  Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and in an upright position represents an opportunity to tally up and pay the bill so we can have a fresh start.  Judgement is about that final step which will allow me to release the past and move forward, and this card is validating my first two cards.  I can’t move on until I clear away whatever is undone, and I need to be fair and equitable about the process, even if it costs me.  The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card when upright are fast and strong, and while the dust will surely fly, the end result will be balance.  This one is kind of a Minor Arcana version of The Wheel, and since it is reversed, I can have an effect on these energies, and I need to remember that.  I’m not helpless.

My Legacy card is The Hanging Man, flavored by The Empress reversed.  I had this exact same pair this past Friday.  The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought), and presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through deliberately attempting to see things in a different way.  This card tells of initiation and destiny, as well as sacrifice and loss, but the interesting thing here is that in many situations, the face of the Hanging Man is not distorted by pain or suffering, as we would expect.  Instead he is serene, as if he was experiencing a quiet epiphany.  Looks like I need to look at this whole situation in a different way, not allowing my personal discomfort to color the events that are shaping my world.  The card flavoring my Hanging Man, The Empress reversed, is encouraging me to see things in a very different and inwardly-focused way.  The Empress (my significator card, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine (along with The High Priestess), the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses. My Empress is reversed, and she is telling me to act like The High Priestess, turn away from the messages of my physical senses, and blur my eyesight for a time in order to better see the important yet subtle messages in the shadows. 

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation sourced from the potential and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and energy of “distance between” of the 2. 

My horoscopes: “Don't try to force your ideas on anyone, Sagittarius. It's important to maintain neutrality so you can act from a stable state of mind when someone brings you an issue that needs to be dealt with right away. The key is to act rather than react to a situation. If you know you're right about something, keep it to yourself. There's no need to rub it in anyone's face and tell them they're wrong.”

And: “You are likely to wake up today with a compulsion to clean. This is rather unlike you. If we didn't know better we'd say that you were pregnant and the nesting instinct is kicking in early. Indulge your domestic desires today. Tomorrow you're probably going to be in quite a different frame of mind!”

Another Wild Unknown Tarot card: The Ace of Cups.  This card has a simple image on it: a chalice.  The background is blue, representing the element of Water that is represented by the Cup, and it appears that golden light is shining out of the Cup, but we can’t be sure.  Is the Cup filled with some kind of beautifully glistening Water?  Or is it empty, and what we are seeing is actually an illusion or a dream?  We can’t tell yet, but the possibility of experiencing something wonderful is there.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment