Tuesday, May 27, 2014

5/27/14

The Wheel reversed/The Magician.  Ooooh, watch out!  The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  The Wheel reminds us that nothing is permanent and everything is always in motion, motion that we can’t control.  The thing is, if I can perceive that motion and understand it, I can adjust my focuses to be in line with that motion, and tap into its power.  The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  This card is personally significant to me, and since he represents the manifestation of tangible knowledge (and the ability to control that manifestation); I am being told to think independently, and to manifest my Purpose with my own hard-earned skills, so that I can tap into what is happening around me, and benefit from everything!

My Thoth cards are The Empress and the Three of Swords (“Sorrow”) reversed.  More power!  The Empress (my significator card, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is the other half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses. My Empress is telling me that the outer world offers many pleasures today, as well as fertile opportunities to create something new.  The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), my least favorite card in the entire deck, when upright usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion.  Thankfully because my card is reversed, I should be able to deal with any uncomfortable situations that may crop up. 

My Legacy card is the Page of Swords reversed, flavored by The High Priestess.  Oh. My. Goddess.  Both sides of the Sacred Feminine ~and~ The Magician in one day!  Page of Swords reversed, flavored by the Seven of Swords reversed.  More reversed Swords cards.  The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  Apparently, analysis and the working of the intellect will not be my strong points today.  My reversed Page of Swords is being flavored by The High Priestess.  The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician (who is also in my spread today), the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and she is somewhat removed from everyday life.  Looks like that kind of introspection and isolation might serve me. 

My 6-digit date number is 10, which tells of the ending of a cycle; this number can be reduced further to 1, the number of position and potential. 

My horoscopes: “Strong forces may be acting up and asking you to stand up a little straighter than usual, Sagittarius. Keep your shoulders back and be proud. Don't think of yourself as any less of a person just because there is disagreement between you and the people around you. Maintain respect for yourself and your opinions. Say things with confidence. Don't back down, but be prepared to fight.

And: “Today you will have to let go of your usual drill sergeant manner and simply let the day unfold as it will. Try as you might, even you will not be able to direct the course of the day. You may find that your attention gets diverted first to one project, then the other. It is not an unpleasant day, merely a disjointed one. Remain open to all the possibilities that the day brings; you may be surprised by the way things turn out.

I had a glorious unplugged weekend, and spent hours in my beloved garden.  Now comes the catching up.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment