Sunday, May 4, 2014

5/4/14

Transparent Oracle Sunday! 

31, Gateway: Winter (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Because this Gateway is square and solid, and appears unshakable and immovable, it seems like a safe place, or a strong foundation upon which we can exist and prosper.

33, Element: Earth (North). Earth represents stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change; its dignities are cold/binds and dry/shapes. Earth is the element of form and substance; it is connected to physical health, to material world security (and even wealth), and to our physical bodies and physical senses, and the pleasures and pains they bring.  Earth represents the fertile, nurturing and serene side of Nature, and it represents the tangible end result of our labors.

39, Guide: Wolf (North). Wolves are seen by many as dangerous, even evil, but we should always keep in mind when we are working with Wolf that he is the ancestor of the dogs we humans love so much.  Wolf has a strong sense of family, and of rank within that family.  Wolf can communicate over great distances, and has the stamina to travel those distances in the first place.  Wolf has keen instincts, and a strong urge to protect his territory.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  Gateway: Winter is square, and as with most square images imposed onto a round mandala, there is a sense of discord.  Not necessarily a bad discord, but a sensation that makes me stop and look, and maybe focus a bit harder.  Since all three of my cards are connected to the element of Earth and the direction of North, slow and cold, that discord might be useful.  My Wolves are being supported by the symbol of Earth, or maybe the Wolves are protecting that symbol.  The dance of the Wolves and the Earth symbol is happening within the Gateway of Winter, a safe and sacred space created by the perimeter of the Gateway.   I am being told that all of this is important today, and I should allow it to happen (because that is the way the energies are trending anyway), and I should immerse myself in the experiences being offered to me.  These experiences are to be enjoyed through my physical senses, but the fertility attached to these experiences will manifest in more places than just the physical. 

Another day in Paradise!  It is 86 degrees, with blue sky, a few fair-weather clouds, and a refreshing breeze.  We spent the morning, as is our custom, on the patio with coffee, fresh bread, and fresh fruit.  Now, I will spend a few hours on the computer, and then we will relax.  We will cook again tonight, and once the sun goes down, we will plan our evening.  I’m getting lots of rest, lots of fresh air, and lots of quality time with my son and his dogs.

Paradise.  Like I said.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment