Friday, May 2, 2014

5/2/14

Eight of Pentacles reversed/Justice. The Eight of Pentacles (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position tells us that diligence and an awareness of details are important.  Schedules and deadlines will not be an issue for me today, and since it is the first full day of my vacation in the Dominican Republic, I’m glad that I will be able to relax. Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed).  Justice presents the concept of balance that is achieved through the process of adjustment.  I will be able to remain impartial and thus, well-centered.  Perhaps I will be able to do this because I don’t have to focus on those details; after all, details can be a distraction.

My Thoth cards are the Two of Wands (“Dominion”) and The Fool reversed. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  Crowley calls this one Dominion, and in order to have dominion over something, you need to be able to project authority.  Perhaps the Two of Wands is reminding me that if I believe in my own self, others will believe in me, too. The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and the neutral powers of creativity; he is above, beyond and before the world and all its extremes.  He is potential without direction, however, and since my Fool is reversed, there needs to be some sort of “method to my madness,” even if details are not important.  One way of effectively exercising the Will, after all, is knowing exactly where I’ve been and knowing exactly where I’m going.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Wands, flavored by the Four of Swords reversed. The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill.  My Ten of Wands is being flavored by the Four of Swords reversed. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation used to prepare for challenges to come.  These two cards send a clear message: yes, you can accomplish a lot, but if you don’t pay attention to what is fueling you, you will come up short, perhaps at the most important moment.  These two cards, the Ten of Wands and the upright Four of Swords, offer extremes; since the Four of Swords is reversed, the idea of pausing and preparing is not being used in an effective way.  I need to pause enough in order to maintain my reserve, but I can’t pause so long that lethargy takes over.  In a way, these two cards present a different view of the first two cards I threw today.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the position and potential of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and energy of “distance between” of the 2. 

My horoscopes: “If you happen to be training for a new trade, learning a new technique, or perhaps you're being evaluated after an internship period, you can expect these pursuits to conclude on a high note. You may have been somewhat afraid that those in authority would frown upon your originality, Sagittarius. On the contrary, it seems the people in charge appreciate it more than you know.

And: “A lot of paperwork, perhaps involving contracts of some kind, could lead to financial gain on the job. You could make or save some money for your employer, which could prove important. Expect some sort of acknowledgement or recognition for your efforts from superiors, which could lead to advancement or a possible raise. However, there may be some delay with regard to the latter. Don't expect it right away.

Today is my first full day in the Dominican Republic, my brief vacation in Paradise, and so for the day is living up to expectations.  The sky is a beautiful, intense blue, with fluffy white fair-weather clouds passing by occasionally.  The air is warm, but there is a lovely breeze blowing. 

Last night, we cooked at home, and then relaxed after dinner.  We spent this morning sitting on the porch, talking and drinking coffee and eating some of the fresh raisin and spice bread that I brought from Cape May, and then snacking on fresh-picked papaya.  We will be heading out in a bit to the mountains, to look at some larimar and amber.  We will cook at home again this evening, once we get home. 

No pressure, no deadlines.  Just lots of sun and fresh air.  Yes, I will get stuff done, but I can take time to relax and enjoy.


$>

No comments:

Post a Comment