Wednesday, May 14, 2014

5/14/14

Ace of Swords/The Wheel of Fortune. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts. This Ace certainly offers the power to analyze that is necessary in order to make good choices, and in order to react correctly to events in our day. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  The Wheel reminds us that nothing is permanent and everything is always in motion, motion that we can’t control.  All we can do is ride the wave, and I think my Ace of Swords will help me with that.  Nice pair!

My Thoth cards are the Seven of Swords (“Futility”) and the Nine of Wands (“Strength”) reversed. The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  This card can also be referring to the effort necessary to maintain, or lack thereof.  There is an imbalance here, and it may be the effort that is in trouble rather than the needs being imposed on myself or others. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  This card also tells of order and control, and it suggests that we plan for possible hostilities to come, the way a seasoned warrior would plan.  Crowley feels that the upright card reminds us that stability needs change in order to be effective.  I might be missing the fact that muscles need to be stressed in order to grow stronger.  An inability to be strong could result in the choice to maintain things as they are, even though change would be healthy.  Hmmm . . . .

My Legacy card is the Ace of Wands, another Ace, flavored by The High Priestess reversed. The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project.  Lots of Fiery energy here, but in the early stages; Will has not yet been manifested.   My Ace of Wands is being flavored by The High Priestess reversed. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and because she is reversed, I am being told, “Not yet.”  Today, her calm serenity will not be useful to me, maybe because of all the Fiery energies in my spread.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that occurs as growth slows and degeneration approaches, usually requiring a choice of some kind. 

My horoscopes: “Your creative talents should be operating at an all-time high today, Sagittarius. You might be offered an opportunity to earn some money putting them to use. Your excitement and enthusiasm are likely to ensure that you'll do the best you possibly can and earn a lot of approval from those around you. Your intuition is also operating at a high level, boosting your imagination and relations with others. Enjoy your day!”

And: “Regardless of the situation you are in, you will want to take the easy way out. There is a sense of laziness seeping over you, and you may be trying to find a way to sneak out of certain responsibilities. Even though this idea seems terrific now, it is likely to get you into serious trouble later on. Be careful of cheating the system and then expecting the full benefits of hard work in return. You will earn exactly what you deserve.”

My next Wild Unknown Tarot card!  The Nine of Wands.  This one shows a view from the bottom of a stairway made from nine Wands; the stairway reaches far upward, and it appears that if I can find the strength and stamina to climb to the top, I just might be able to touch the beautiful golden crescent in the sky.  To me, this is an optimistic metaphor for the Nine of Wands.  When I look at the image on this card I feel confident that if I can keep myself focused on my own inner Fire, and if I can fine-tune my ability to direct the resulting energy for a sufficient amount of time and in the correct manner, I will make it to the goal.  Mental discipline and focus, and the right amount of exertion, will do the trick. 

I just stumbled upon a very interesting new Tarot deck, called The Magdalene Legacy Tarot.  Oh boy, this one is really calling to me!  It is based on the Grail mysteries, containing lots of Judeo-Christian mysticism with all its esoteric and Hermetic focuses.  Oooooooh, can’t wait to receive my deck.  Because of course, I ordered it.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment