Monday, May 12, 2014

5/12/14

Nine of Wands/The Fool reversed. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  This card also tells of order and control, and it suggests that we plan for possible hostilities to come, the way a seasoned warrior would plan. The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and the neutral powers of creativity; he is above, beyond and before the world and all its extremes.  He is potential without direction, however, and since my Fool is reversed, I could be dealing with insecurity.  Interesting that these two cards are together; there is nothing wrong with a bit of self-doubt, I guess, as long as I don’t allow myself to be crippled by it.

My Thoth cards are the Princess of Wands reversed and the Queen of Disks reversed. The Princess/Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position is fun to be around, unless you have a migraine. This reversed Princess is warning me; I may believe in myself, but perhaps there might be some mistake being made that I can’t see. The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  Crowley sees this Queen in an upright position as striving to manifest pleasurable surroundings without going overboard, because she is reversed, the sparkle may have gone out of my tasks.  Could this be the mistake my reversed Princess of Wands is warning of?

My Legacy card is The Emperor, flavored by the Four of Wands.  Power! The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The Emperor of the Tarot instills balance, form and structure onto the fertility and creations of The Empress; he rules over the concrete and corporeal world and is the manifestation of spirit.  My Emperor is being flavored by the Four of Wands. The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established, about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined. This card has good vibes; we have Fire and we have a stable foundation, a great platform for creativity.  The Emperor also corresponds with Fire, and we might need this foundation.  My only reversed Wands card today is the more immature Wands card, the Princess/Page.  Perhaps the knowledge and wisdom of The Emperor is just what I need.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “Today's aspects will clarify any team situations of which you're a part, Sagittarius. This could concern teams in your private or professional life. This is the moment to take action. Make use of any benefits gleaned from your reflections of the past few days. Don't be afraid to modify what is already in place. If you hesitate, you will only succeed in making yourself more anxious.

And: “Today you may be feeling torn between the desire to go out and get a little exercise, and a powerful inclination to curl up in your favorite chair and catch up on your reading. There really isn't any reason why you can't do both. Go out for a brisk walk, then come back and reach for a favorite book. The key isn't which one to give up on, but attaining a balance between the two. Go for it!

Back to the Wild Unknown Tarot at last.  Today’s card: The Four of Cups.  The image on this card is of a rat laying across the top of four Cups in a row, almost as if he does not want anyone else to drink out of any of them, with a waning crescent moon in the dark sky.  Actually, the crescent moon is a negative image, with the moon itself black and the sky white.  I’m reminded of a childhood method for making sure that no one else wants any of the candy: licking each piece.  The rat wants all the cups, and he does not want to share!  This is somewhat of a break from the traditional image for the Four of Cups, and I think I will remember this one!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment