Monday, May 5, 2014

5/5/14

The Hanging Man reversed/Page of Cups. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought), and upright it presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through deliberately attempting to see things in a different way.  Because my Hanging Man is reversed, surrendering to the events around me won’t necessarily bring a happy ending to the day, even if I try to see things in a new way.  Today I might be better served by taking charge, at least a little bit. This Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) and it is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys.  If I decide that I will get good experiences from even a mundane task, then I will flavor that task with happiness. 

My Thoth cards are the Prince of Cups reversed and the Ten of Pentacles (“Wealth”). The Prince/Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  Upright, this Prince appears calm to others, but inwardly he feels things strongly.  He is reversed, however, so perhaps my feeling will be on my sleeve today, for all to view. The Ten of Pentacles (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) represents physical world wealth and bounty, and the attempt to maintain the status quo.  Yes, this might make me feel happy, however that Prince in a reversed position could mean that I lose sight of the fact that all that bounty needs attention.  The best thing I could do with this wealth is to create something new from it, keeping in mind that my visions of the future should be innocent and simple, and should involve connections to others. 

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands, flavored by Justice reversed.  The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will. Perhaps the Two of Wands is reminding me that if I believe in my own self, others will believe in me, too, and the decisions I make will manifest in a good way.  My Two of Wands is being flavored by the reversed Justice card.  Hmmm . . . Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed).  Upright, this card presents two important concepts: balance and truth, and it tells us that the purpose of the law is to implement and manifest these two concepts.  My Justice card is reversed, and flavoring my upright Two of Wands.  Looks like there is a danger of acting today without keeping consequences in mind.  This seems to be the theme of all my cards today; careful!

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. 

My horoscopes: “You are an excellent friend, and you take pride in helping the people around you. Have you ever thought about getting involved in a humanitarian cause or giving a few hours of your time every week to your local community? Today, Sagittarius, these kinds of ideas could become a real part of your life. It's time to use all of your great ideas to help others.

And: “A trip to the library could be on your agenda for today, as you may need to track down some intellectual, spiritual, or practical information required for a task or project you're working on. You may find yourself spending more time there than you'd originally planned, as you might discover new facts or ideas that open up fascinating new trains of thought. If your time is limited, make sure you keep track of the hour! If not, have fun!

Today is my last full day in Paradise; tomorrow I fly home.  This really has been a good vacation!

My next article for my column in PaganPages.org is up, and can be found here: http://paganpages.org/content/2014/05/tarot-talk-40/  Enjoy!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment