Sunday, December 1, 2013

12/1/13

Transparent Oracle Sunday! 

7, Guide: Blackbird (East).  East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Blackbirds are known as gatekeepers, which concept is very relevant to me right now.  Blackbirds acquire and then protect territory, and thus they can guide you to other realms, or they can do their best to shut you out of them.  In Celtic myth, the Blackbird is said to have the ability to bring concepts or visions from the astral realms into manifestation on the physical plane (because Blackbird can enter more than one realm, just as blackbirds can exist on land and in the air).

61, Gateway: The Self (Within). This card is considered a “blank canvas,” in that it has faces and hands like the other Within cards, but there are no traits or textures or shapes or colors infused into the faces and hands.  That is because each of us is unique; this is a great significator card, and I am choosing to accept The Self as offering a message: “These cards offer a unique message to you, but that message must be perceived through your own unique senses and interpreted through your own unique intellect.”  This card tells us that the first and main purpose of life and living is to get to know our individual Self.

22, Weather: Rain (West). West is the direction of Water, and thus, of feelings and emotions, relationships of all kinds, cleansing and healing, the wisdom associated with natural endings, and the bubbling up of pure joy.  Water is about emotions, feelings, the Inner Voice, dreams, intuition, and Water is connected to both birth and death.  Rain is cleansing and nourishing, and this kind of weather can often bring dissatisfaction.  However, I also see Rain and it’s quiet, dark and cozy sensations as providing a time for rest and renewal.  Many are melancholy when it rains, but we need the rain to grow and live.

I then stacked my card and created my mandala.  The Blackbirds appear to be circling around the image created by The Self, and the Rain appears to be emanating out of The Self.  Lots of movement here, mostly connected to emotions, but there is the influence of Blackbird.  Is this Guide bridging my emotions and assisting in their manifestation?  Or is Blackbird striving to prevent those emotions from emanating and manifesting?  In any event, the emotions will not be earth-shattering, but that does not mean they will be comfortable.

We are finishing up a great Thanksgiving weekend.  Lots of time with friends, lots of good times.  LOL, of course the bad thing about this weekend is the amount of food I am consuming.  I am striving to not lose total control, and I am striving to be grateful for the immense bounty of sustenance that is available to me. 

Now, I turn my focus toward Yule.  I know that this useful time of darkness is winding down, slowly but surely, and I am taking advantage of every moment of the darkness.  I am looking within, as often as possible and in every circumstance.  Hopefully, I will be a better person for this inward focus.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment