Sunday, December 8, 2013

12/7/13

Knight of Wands reversed/Eight of Wands.  There’s a clear message.  The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  My Knight is reversed, and because he is reversed, he could be bringing me a sense that I’m not fitting in, or going against the current without accomplishing anything The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card when upright are fast and strong, but they do tend to attempt to bring some stability, albeit in a roundabout and sudden way.  The end result will be balance . . . once the dust settles.  Unfortunately my Eight of Wands is also reversed, and any eruption of energy just might make things worse instead of better.

My Thoth cards are the Ten of Swords (“Ruin”) reversed and the Five of Wands (“Strife”). The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) in an upright position tells of the perception of the complete manifestation of interference, powerlessness and restriction. Because my card is reversed, ideas that used to work for me may no longer be valid, but this is as bad as it gets, so I need to stop with the gloom and doom.  The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross-purposes. Growing pains have good results in the end, the process of getting there might be uncomfortable.  I need to remember that at times like this, my biggest opposition is myself.  Well, that is an uncomfortable pair!

My Legacy card is the Ten of Wands reversed (another reversed 10 card!), flavored by the Nine of Wands. Look at all the Wands, both upright and reversed; what’s up with that?  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill. My burdens today may affect my ability to be enthusiastic or creative, but I do need to look for that extra oomph that will carry me to the end, because it is there. My reversed Ten of Wands is being flavored by another Wands card, the Nine of Wands. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves.  We should prepare for the worst, but wait before being aggressive or taking any action.  The mantra associated with this card is “if it doesn’t kill us, it will make us stronger,” and perhaps that is the purpose for the churning, uncomfortable energies that are in place today: to make me stronger and more confident in my own ability to survive.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of movement that unseats stagnation.

My horoscopes: “The result of a creative innovation you've been working on should make itself apparent today. You'll be pleasantly surprised! Your ingenuity should pay off big, and your accomplishments won't go unnoticed. You're likely to enjoy positive feedback, recognition, and bright prospects for the future development of your ideas. In the evening, go out and have a good time.

And: “Get in touch with your spiritual side today. Do you meditate or practice yoga? How much do you consider the content of your dreams? Do you know what you believe? Consider your answers to these questions and see what you can do to understand yourself better in this regard. Meditation and such reflective exercises are subjects you can learn a great deal about on the web. Check it out.

Another Wild Unknown Tarot card: The Nine of Cups.  The image on this card is not quite what you would expect.  There is a waning moon in the sky, a mostly blue background, with the beginnings of predawn red at the top of the card.  Nine Cups are lined up along the edges of the card, all upright.  The feeling I get from this card is one of serenity, of having what I need to maintain that serenity, and of anticipation of what I will be able to experience because of that ongoing serenity.  Bliss is one of the keywords for this card, as well as the awareness of our blessings, and the nice thing is that we are just barely at the dawn of the day these energies are available to us.

I’m enjoying a rarity this weekend: a weekend alone with The Hubs in Cape May.  This is so rare.  We absolutely adore sharing our beloved home with others, and we love the fact that many of our friends and family take advantage of our house.  There have been empty weekends before, but we are busy enough at work that The Hubs decided to stay at the office and work. 

We’ve been getting small chores done along with some heavy cleaning, in preparation for New Year’s Eve.  We’re preparing because friends have purchasing a house down the block from us, closing on January 2nd, and we will be celebrating.  Isn’t that a great way to start the new year?

The Hubs and I are having a great dinner, and then we will sit by the fireplace, enjoying music and warmth.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment