Sunday, December 22, 2013

12/22/13

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

48, Venus (Above). The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machine.  The planet Venus corresponds with the element of Earth, and it represents all love and relationships and connections.  This also encompasses mothering, nurturing, healing, the pleasing of the senses, and an appreciation for beauty. 

60, Polarity: Red Dragon (Below). The direction of Below is not easily associated with spirituality, yet it is a powerful symbol representing the opportunity to create a strong foundation, and to connect to the tools and powers of the Underworld.  The Red Dragon’s energy begins within, and radiates outward with amazing power.  While the Red Dragon is in a sense about balance, it presents only one extreme for our consideration: inner power that expands outward.  This card is about passions and drive, and even the life essence itself, all of which begin within and then manifest outward.

41, Gateway: The Celestial Realm (Above).  Both our solar system, and the vast reaches of space beyond, have an effect on us, and we need to acknowledge this effect and be aware of it.  While we should not allow only these effects to control our choices and actions, they are valid, and there can be higher meanings to seemingly mundane events at this time.  The Celestial Realm Gateway has seven points, corresponding to the seven classical planets and the seven days of the week, offering both a broad and a more mundane influence; the seven-pointed star is also associated with angelic beings.  This Gateway tells me that the events in my life right how have higher levels of meanings than I am perceiving at first glance.  It might help to read today’s horoscope, or touch base with a Guardian Spirit. 

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  The Red Dragon appears to be supporting my Gateway, her back curved under it and her wings cradling it, and the planet Venus appears to be revolving around the circle of stars.  Even though my two Above cards are bracketing my Below card, the mandala makes the Red Dragon seem to be closest to me, and Venus is farther away, on the other side of the Gateway.  Like the Red Dragon, Venus has feminine energies.  Inner power, passion and compassion, and magick, are all to be found in this mandala.  Sounds like I will have an interesting week, eh? 

What a great day.  I had brunch with my beloved PBT; it had been too long since we sat around The Table.  I am always amazed at how even though we each come to The Table from a different place, we can connect with ease. We truly share the joys and the discomforts, and over the years have created an unbreakable and nurturing bond.  I wonder every so often how we connected in past lives, for a connection this strong must have existed for many lifetimes.

I stopped and briefly visited a friend this afternoon, and then attended a holiday pageant at the church of a Yoga buddy.  What awesome music!  Hands were clapping, feet were stomping, and there was most certainly some dancing going on in the aisles.  I feel so blessed that I have these varied yet potent connections in my life.  Magick??  You bet!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment