Tuesday, December 3, 2013

12/3/13

Nine of Swords reversed/The Star.  Aaaaah, nice.  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  My buddy Crowley calls this worrying “cruelty of the mind,” and it is always important to remember that this kind of worry is a total waste of time and energy.  There may be worries today, but since my Nine of Swords is reversed, I will be able to resist being caught up in the drama.  The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card, and while it can hint at some unexpected darkness, it also tells me to be of strong heart, for things will turn out okay in the end.  No judgment and no stress today, just a time of peace, of being surrounded by security, and being surrounded by those I love.

My Thoth cards are the Five of Disks (“Worry”) and the Ace of Wands.  The Five of Disks (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  The keyword for this card is “Worry,” the way a dog will worry sheep, and I just might be allowing worry to strangle me.  It is what it is, and all I can do is my best.  The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project. This pure Fiery energy can be unpredictable, but sometimes that unpredictability pays off.

My Legacy card is the Page of Swords reversed, flavored by the Ten of Wands.  The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  This card is about vigilance, and since it is reversed, I might miss out on something important, or be unprepared for some event.  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill.  This card is flavoring my reversed Page of Swords, and could be offering a reason for the inability to be prepared.  My burdens today may not be physical in nature, but the sense of running on fumes could manifest in the physical world.  I need to be careful.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the end of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of position and potential, no manifestation or moving forward yet.

My horoscopes: “Don't box yourself into a corner and shut out everything around you except your immediate concerns. The more you isolate yourself and insist that you don't need anyone else's help, the more frustrated and sad you'll become. If you're lonely, scared, or angry, admit this to yourself and others. Extend yourself outward instead of drawing further in.”

And: “The phrase "knowledge is power" has never hit home with you quite so much as it does today. Information could come to you through phone, fax, e-mail or the Internet which has the potential to change your life - totally for the better. This could involve ideas that you had never before even considered. Writing or speaking could be involved. Consider all the pros and cons, then go for it!”

I’m getting back into the swing of things.  I led a New Moon Esbat today, then taught a Chair Yoga Class, then a Belly Dance Class.  I’m feeling less bloated, too.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment