Tuesday, December 17, 2013

12/17/13

Five of Pentacles/The Magician reversed. The Five of Pentacles (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  The thing about this card is that it is not all bad, just uncomfortable.  If I analyze things too much I won’t believe in myself any more. The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  This card is personally significant to me, and since he represents the manifestation of tangible knowledge, and since he is reversed, I could be dealing with some kind of deception today, or perhaps a miscommunication of some kind.

My Thoth cards are the Seven of Swords (“Futility”) and the Queen of Swords reversed.  Well. The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  The Thoth card also hints at not being willing to do the work necessary to obtain the desired end results. The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card, which is about responsibility and the relationship between “cause” and “effect.”  In an upright position, this Queen is a pioneering trailblazer with nerves of steel and a good sense of humor.  It looks like things might be a bit foggy today.  I need to be careful.

My Legacy card is the Page of Coins reversed, flavored by the Nine of Wands reversed. The Page of Coins (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. This Page loves to learn new things and have new experiences, but he also can see the big picture in an optimistic way.  My Page is reversed, and today I may have trouble being excited about fulfilling my tasks and responsibilities.  My reversed Page of Coins is being flavored by the Nine of Wands, also reversed. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves.  My card is reversed, and unfortunately it tells of obstacles.  Everything is uncomfortable today.  Oy.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.  Just what I need.

My horoscopes: “Your strong business sense and practical skills couple with imagination and innovation to bring advancement. Information from far away could prove especially valuable. Relationships with friends should be warm and cooperative. Love relationships could also prove rewarding. Consider blowing off a little steam by going out and having a good time.

And: “Decision-making today might be quite a daunting task. You may find that there is a great deal of nervous energy within you which is making you feel like you must run up to the podium and announce the final verdict. In reality, however, you are more likely to want to keep all your options open. Don't get caught in sticky situations in which you have to commit to something at this time. Give yourself an escape hatch.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment