Friday, December 20, 2013

12/20/13

The Hermit/Ten of Pentacles.  Wow, interesting! The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and is about searching within for a deeper meaning, often through solitude bordering on discomfort. How interesting that he shows up on the first day in a long time that I am not feeling the effects of my second Saturn Return.  My inner focus this Solstice Eve will be valuable.  The Ten of Pentacles (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) represents physical world wealth and bounty, and the attempt to maintain the status quo.  This card is about having the time to enjoy the fruits of our labors, but it is also about being aware of the connections we have in the physical world.  These cards may seem opposing, one focusing on solitude and even discomfort, and the other focusing on security and pleasure and the knowledge that we are not alone, but in reality one cannot happen without the other. 

My Thoth cards are The Moon and the Prince of Cups.  Ooooh, Water Power! The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  This card may be about falsehood and the Dark Night of Soul, but it is also about magick and mystery.  I don’t need to fear the illusions presented by this card as long as I understand them for what they are; and still they just might offer valid messages.  The Prince/Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  He may appear calm, cool and collected to others, but in an upright position my Prince of Cups responds deeply to life, and dreams big dreams.  He is paired with the dream card of the Tarot today; look out!

My Legacy card is the Queen of Wands, flavored by The High Priestess.  Three awesome pairs today. The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) is energetic, adaptable and enthusiastic; she is filled with persistent energy and calm authority at the same time, and because of this she draws others to her.  This Queen could be seen as a self-made woman who has earned her standing in her world through her own hard work, but who has not forgotten where she came from.  She tells me to express myself with joy, and without fear of just being who I am today, right now.  My Queen is being flavored by another powerful woman, The High Priestess. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  This card is telling of more than just an intense connection to my intuition; my High Priestess is also telling me that there is plenty of information and advice available to me. Like my first Major Arcana card today, The Hermit, my High Priestess does not bring a cozy warmth, but rather she offers the possibility of access to the sacred mysteries, if I am worthy. 

My horoscopes: “You may want to go in many directions today, yet something seems to keep you from going anywhere. This annoying conflict of energies may make it difficult to make the most of your day, but you can handle it. Don't act too hastily. Evaluate all your choices before you make a final decision. If nothing seems to fit, don't push it.

And: “Your freedom-loving nature may be feeling a bit tied down today. It could be that instead of venturing out into the unknown, you would rather just stay at home and snuggle up into a warm bed. Stay close with your loved ones. Feelings of nurture and protection are essential to maintaining your emotional well-being on a day like today. This is a great time for you to turn inward.

It is Yule Eve, about an hour before sundown.  My brain has been busy these past days, refreshing and adding to my knowledge of anatomy, practicing Yoga, and focusing inward.  While the Judgement card did not appear in today’s card throw, this is one of those days where judging and assessing, and then releasing what no longer serves to better enable me to embrace what I need can be a fruitful pastime. 

I will be spending a quiet evening at home tonight, and I will get up at sunrise (7:17 am locally) to greet the newborn Sun.  I will attend a morning Yoga class, and then head over to a local mall, where two great Yoga teachers are hosting some Yoga and meditation.  I will see my beloved PBT on Sunday morning, and then attend a Christmas show at a local Baptist Church.

Lovely!!

Yule Blessings.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment