Tuesday, December 24, 2013

12/24/13

The Empress/Ace of Cups reversed. The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses.  She is my significator, so her presence either upright or reversed is a huge “pay attention!” to me.  Because she is about enjoying the pleasures and the bounties of life, she is a fitting card to throw on Christmas Eve, particularly after doing a Yin Yoga class; she also appeared in my card throw on the Winter Solstice.  It is interesting that she has appeared on both Yule and Christmas this year, the year of my second Saturn Return. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  Perhaps this card is in a reversed position to support the energies of my Empress, who is about feelings but also about a connection to nature and the earth.

My Thoth cards are the Five of Disks (“Worry”) reversed and The Devil reversed. The Five of Disks (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  The keyword for this card is “Worry,” the way a dog will worry sheep, but I should be able to prevent that kind of strangulation today. The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) in an upright position traditionally tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things.  Since my Devil is reversed, and especially because it is paired with another Earth-focused card, while there could be discomfort today, I should be able to endure without too much endurance, if you know what I mean.

My Legacy card is The Empress reversed (Bookends!), flavored by The Hanging Man.  Ooooh, interesting pair!  The Legacy of the Divine Empress card represents both motherhood/fertility and the richness and variety of life in all its myriad forms.  Because my Legacy Empress is reversed, there is an imbalance in my experience of these things.  Perhaps I need to remember to more deeply appreciate all life and see beauty everywhere, even in situations that are not comfortable for me.  My reversed Empress is being flavored by The Hanging Man. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought), and presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through deliberately attempting to see things in a different way.  The Legacy Hanging Man represents surrender and sacrifice, but it also tells of the pause and suspension of time that occurs at the halfway point of a project or effort.  He is validating the message of my reversed Empress, and telling me that in order to truly perceive and experience the beauties around me, I must first release the fog that clouds and distorts that perception.  Fitting advice!

More about The Empress, my Bookends card of the day.  As I mentioned already, this card has been my significator for some time, given to me by one of my Guides, The General.  It is a card that is near and dear to my heart, and it tends to appear just before or during experiences that end up being life-changing.  The Empress is considered to be the Queen of Heavens, and thus she bridges the stars in the sky and the earth below our feet.  She is the stable foundation of the Supernals of the Tree of Life, the “triplet of the mind.” The Empress represents the 14th Path, connecting Binah and the Sacred Feminine, and Chokmah and the Sacred Masculine, and the union of masculine and feminine through the emotion of love, which equals fertility.  The Empress represents the workings of Deity in nature; I have been told that nature is the robe that the Goddess wears so we can see and perceive Her, and perhaps The Empress of the Tarot allows us to connect to Her.  The Empress is about pregnancy and thus about transformation and about the sacredness of all life and the workings of the world around us, her Hebrew letter is Daleth, the doorway, and The Empress is indeed the doorway into physical life. It is also correct that The Empress correspond with the element of Earth.  The physical body is the home of the soul, the life force, and since it exists mostly within the physical plane, that is where much of my transformation must begin.  It is through The Empress that Deity is born within us.  If reversed, this card tells of an imbalance in our ability to perceive and enjoy the possibilities and pleasures of our physical existence.  This imbalance can come to us through lethargy, overprotectiveness, materialism, vanity, extravagance or promiscuity.  Because the 14th Path crosses the width of the Tree of Life and provides stability and grounding to the Supernals, a reversed Empress could also tell of an imbalance in our perception of gender, sexuality, or the necessary presence of both yin and yang within our very being.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “Stress-related health complaints could force reevaluation of your current situation, particularly your job. You may take a good look at your skills and consider how they can be put to use in other fields. Communication from distant places may bring new opportunities to pursue old ambitions. Don't write them off right away. Change is in the wind. It isn't wise to try to stop it.

And: “It's true that having to earn a living isn't always the most agreeable thing that we have to do in life. However, we all know that it is necessary. Have you thought about adding more balance to your life? Remember that all work and no play make Jack a dull boy. This would be a good day to examine your daily life and add some new elements. Yes, it is time for you to choose a hobby.

It is Christmas Eve.  I began the day with a beautiful Yin Yoga class, the class I will be teaching as a sub beginning in January for 11 weeks.  I look forward greatly to immersing myself in a Yin practice, and interacting with the students. 

I will be with family this evening and tomorrow evening, celebrating.  I plan on throwing cards tomorrow morning and will do my best to get a blog post up. 

Happy Holidays!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment